S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a monthly rundown of executive and board changes in the Asia-Pacific media and communications industries.
* Alibaba Pictures Group Ltd. on Aug. 2 named Fan Luyuan as CEO and chairman, replacing Yu Yongfu, who stepped aside for another leadership role in Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. Fan has been with Alibaba for 10 years in the Alipay department.
* Three senior managers of Chinese ride-hailing service provider Didi Chuxing joined bike-sharing company ofo, Caijing reported July 26. Fu Qiang, former general manager of Didi's high-end client sector, will be ofo's executive CEO, while Leslie Liu and Nan Shan, former accounting director and former head of Didi's car-hailing platform, respectively, will take charge of ofo's accounting and marketing departments.
* Sun Hongbin, founder and chairman of property developer Sunac China Holdings Ltd., was elected chairman of LeEco's listed arm Leshi Internet Information & Technology, Caixin reported July 21. Sun replaces Jia Yueting, who recently resigned after a local court froze his assets due to unpaid debt. Meanwhile, Sun Hongbin, Liang Jun and Zhang Zhao were appointed as nonindependent board directors of Leshi Internet, Reuters reported July 17.
Media industry moves
* Nitesh Kripalani, Amazon.com Inc.'s India head for Prime Video, has resigned, an Amazon India spokesperson confirmed to The Economic Times of India on Aug. 10.
* Sony Corp.'s Sony Pictures TV Studios named Lauren Stein executive vice president and head of drama development, promoting her from senior vice president for drama development, Deadline reported Aug. 9, citing an internal memo. The move was reportedly part of an executive restructuring spearheaded by new Sony Pictures Entertainment CEO Tony Vinciquerra.
* Mandy Chang, head of arts at the Australian Broadcasting Corp., is leaving the company to take up a commissioning editor post at the British Broadcasting Corp., Mumbrella reported Aug. 4.
* Nine Network Australia Pty. Ltd. said July 25 that it appointed Karen Madden as group marketing director. Madden, who was recently with News Corp. Australia Pty Ltd., will lead the company's marketing efforts across TV and digital.
* ITV Studios Ltd.'s Australian unit poached Beth Hart from FremantleMedia Australia Pty. Ltd. and appointed her head of content to replace Ben Ulm, who is moving into the newly created role of head of factual reality, Mumbrella reported July 25.
* FOXTEL's Sharb Farjami is joining News Corp.'s social media news agency Storyful as chief revenue officer, The Australian reported July 24. Meanwhile, Stacey Brown has been tapped to replace Susan Panuccio as News Corp. Australia CFO, according to The Australian.
* India's Zee Entertainment Enterprises Ltd. on July 24 appointed Bharat Kedia as CFO, replacing Mihir Modi, who will be "moving to new roles" in the company.
Communications industry moves
* Anil Goteti, head of Flipkart India Pte. Ltd.'s marketplace and retail product and operations team, has been tapped to lead the recently acquired eBay India, The Economic Times of India reported Aug. 8, citing an internal email by Flipkart.
* Sanjeev Chachondia, operating partner of private equity firm New Silk Route and former CEO of Loop Mobile, is believed to be the front-runner to head Brookfield Asset Management's tower business in India, The Economic Times of India reported Aug. 8.
* Rahul Ganjoo, vice president of program management and Arvind Heda, vice president of technology (data platform), have resigned from Snapdeal, ANI reported Aug. 5, citing sources.
* Telenor ASA unit Telenor Pakistan (Pvt) Ltd. said Aug. 1 that it appointed Kamal Ahmed as its new chief corporate affairs officer.
* Chinese online game developer Changyou.com Ltd. said July 31 that Jasmine Zhou resigned as CFO for personal reasons.
* Anirban Dey, global head and chief business officer at Infosys Ltd.'s products and platforms unit EdgeVerve, has left the company, three executives familiar with the development told Mint on July 31. Meanwhile, Yusuf Bashir, managing director of the company's US$500 million Innovation Fund, has stepped down, sources told the Press Trust of India.
* Sydney-based software giant Atlassian Pty Ltd. is looking for a new CFO after Murray Demo left, The Australian reported July 28.
* Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd.'s Australian unit said Richard Fink, vice president for IT and mobile, is leaving the company to pursue new opportunities, Appliance Retailer reported July 24.
* comScore Inc. said July 21 that it expanded its Asia team by appointing Adam Natiq as head of sales in Australia and New Zealand, while Alan Jenner takes on the role of senior product manager for Asia-Pacific. Meanwhile, Derek Wen was hired to become client services manager for Asia-Pacific.