S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a rundown of recent board changes in the U.S. technology, media and telecommunications industries.
* Kelly Walker rejoined Uniserve Communications Corp.'s board. Walker previously was a director of Uniserve from November 2016 to June 2017. Additionally, the company appointed its board Chairman Michael Scholz as interim CEO. The appointment follows the termination of former Uniserve CEO Nicholas Jeffery in 2018, as part of a management revamp.
* John Martin Jr. joined Comscore Inc.'s board as chairman of the finance committee, effective May 22. Martin recently was chairman and CEO of Turner Broadcasting System Inc. where he oversaw cable networks such as CNN (US) and TBS (US). Martin replaced Rob Norman, who stepped down from the company's board and will transition to a strategic consultant role.
* Twitter Inc. shareholders at the company's May 20 annual meeting elected three nominees for director: Jack Dorsey, Patrick Pichette and Robert Zoellick.
* After securing growth investment from Mainsail Management Co. LLC, business management software provider Fullbay Inc. named Vinay Kashyap, partner at Mainsail Partners, and Vice President Jason Frankel to its board of directors.
* PDFTron Systems Inc. secured a $71 million investment led by Boston-based growth equity firm Silversmith Capital Partners. Following the transaction, Jim Quagliaroli, Silversmith managing partner, and Sri Rao, general partner, joined PDFTron's board.
* Gannett Co. Inc. shareholders elected all eight of the company's independent director nominees to the board, voting down an alternative slate brought by MNG Enterprises Inc. The elected directors are John Jeffry Louis, John Cody, Stephen Coll, Donald Felsinger, Lila Ibrahim, Lawrence Kramer, Debra Sandler and Chloe Sladden. MNG Enterprises, which earlier this year offered to acquire Gannett for $12 per share in cash, had also nominated directors for Gannett's board.