* Warren, Pa.-based Northwest Bank will buy 18 First Niagarabranches in Erie andNiagara counties, N.Y., in a move that resolves antitrust concernsrelated to the latter's merger with KeyCorp.
* First Niagara, along with Aon, report earnings today.
* Sources for Reuters sayAres Management and Apollo Investment are interested in American Capital's assets.
* In California, MechanicsBank struck a $37.19-per-sharecash deal for California Republic Bancorp.
*In a letter to the Federal Reserve Board, the American Bankers Association saida dividend cut for Reserve Bank members would count as the takingof property without compensation.
* Speaking of the Fed, the clearing houses of CME Group, IntercontinentalExchange and Options Clearing Corp. have been authorized to at the central bank.
* Also in the news for CME Group: was up 82% year over yearfor March.
* Houston-based Green Bancorp has decided on a "prudent"exit of the energy lendingbusiness.
* LPL Financial admits the proposed Conflict of Interest FinalRule, commonly known as the fiduciaryrule, will hit profitability in some services but help the firmgain market share.
* BofI Holding CEO andPresident Gregory Garrabrants said "monoline" fintech companies willlikely have acquisition coststhat are "too high in order to sustain their models" — providing anopportunity for BofI to grow in the digital lending scene.
* PayPal in March received a civil investigative demand from the Federal TradeCommission, in connection with possible deceptive or unfair practices throughits Venmo service.
* FINRA sent out its first monthly cross-market equitiessupervision reportcards to firms where possible incidents of spoofing or layering have beenidentified or associated.
* Citigroup withdrew from aplan to join other banks in financing a leveraged buyout, say sources forReuters, due to complianceconcerns.
* Ellie Mae now estimatesits 2016 revenue tobe in the range of $325.0 million to $329.0 million, up from the previouslyexpected range of $317.0 million to $321.0 million.
* In people news,Colette Pieperresigned from Life Partners Holdings, where she was CEO.
*Andrew Gibbs willassume the responsibilities of chairman and COO at AmTrust InternationalInsurance effective Sept. 6.
* And Cambridge Associatesappointed David Druleychairman and CEO, effective July 1.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET.Some external links may require a subscription.