trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/s3ibpfhfbkpvpqaz7uk0ga2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Eni subsidiary gets Norwegian regulatory nod to drill well in Barents Sea

Blog

Q&A: Datacenters: Energy Hogs or Sustainability Helpers?

Blog

Insight Weekly: US stock performance; banks' M&A risk; COVID-19 vaccine makers' earnings

Video

S&P Capital IQ Pro | Powered by Expert Insights

451 Research Podcast

Next in Tech | Episode 41: IoT's Role in Energy and Utilities


Eni subsidiary gets Norwegian regulatory nod to drill well in Barents Sea

Norway's Petroleum Safety Authority has granted permission to Eni S.p.A. subsidiary Eni Norge AS to drill appraisal well 7122/7-7 S in Production License 229 in the Barents Sea, the agency said Oct. 4.

Well 7122/7-7 S will be drilled in a prospect called Goliat West in block 7122/7 and block 7122/10. The West Hercules mobile drilling facility will handle the drilling with work starting in November or December and expected to last for 30 days.

The Goliat West prospect lies in Production License 299, which is operated by Eni Norge AS with a 65% stake while the remaining 35% is held by Equinor.