trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/rzd6Gn36Yb7Z3jw9yLdQvw2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Paladin Energy selling 24% stake in flagship uranium mine for US$175M

Essential Metals & Mining Insights - August 2020

State of the Market: Mining Q2-2020

Report Outlooks of Lithium and Cobalt

Essential Metals & Mining Insights July 2020


Paladin Energy selling 24% stake in flagship uranium mine for US$175M

Paladin EnergyLtd. struck a deal with a major player in the global nuclear powerindustry to sell a 24% stake in its flagship Langer Heinrich uranium mine in Namibia forUS$175 million.

The deal, which also includes long-term arrangements foruranium off-take, is expected to close in the fourth quarter, the company saidJuly 21.

The parties are preparing definitive documentation for thesale and off-take agreements.

Upon completion of the deal, Paladin will hold a 51% stakein the mine, and will continue to be the operator.

Paladin holds a 75% stake in the project and owns the remaining 25% of the Langer Heinrich project.

Meanwhile, the company signed a binding terms sheet withMGT Resources Ltd.for the sale of a 75% stake in the Manyingee uranium property, excluding the Carley Boredeposit, in two stages.

Upon closing, MGT will acquire a 30% initial interest inManyingee for US$10 million and will form a joint venture over the project withPaladin.

MGT will then have an option to acquire an additional 45% ofthe joint venture for US$20 million. The option will be exercisable for oneyear following the joint venture's preparation of a plan to conduct a fieldleach trial for uranium extraction by in-situ recovery.

Under the terms of this deal, MGT will also issue options toPaladin to acquire new shares equivalent to 5% of the former's share capitalfor a year from closing at 6 Australian cents each, and two years from closingat 8 cents per share.

Likewise, Paladin will issue options to MGT to subscribe fornew shares equivalent to 2% of the former's issued share capital for a yearfrom closing at 35 Australian cents per share, and two years from closing at 45cents per share.

The company recently said it was changing theLanger Heinrich uranium mine plan in a bid to substantially reduce costs. As aresult, the company's annual production and cost guidance for fiscal 2017 isnow under review.