S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the European real estate industry. The moves are listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. The Asia-Pacific and North America Hires and Fires columns will be published Tuesday and Thursday.
* NewRiver REIT's CEO David Lockhart will be going on a leave of absence to undergo an elective procedure on account of an ongoing medical issue. Property director Allan Lockhart and CFO Mark Davies will take over the reins until his return.
* Assura Plc will install Jayne Cottam to the board as CFO, a position that is being filled by CEO Jonathan Murphy. Murphy will relinquish his additional role upon Cottam's arrival before the end of October.
Cottam was previously a director of finance for the continental Europe division of European Metal Recycling Ltd.
* Millennium & Copthorne Hotels Plc passed the chairmanship of the audit committee from Gervase MacGregor to independent nonexecutive director Martin Leitch, Aug. 4.
MacGregor, also an independent nonexecutive director, will remain a member of the committee. He was placed as head of the risk committee, May 5.
* Aoife Bennett joined Sirius Real Estate Ltd. as company secretary, Aug. 1, from her earlier appointment at Intertrust Fund Services Ltd.
* For its proposed conversion into a real estate investment trust, MedicX Fund Ltd. plans to rejig its board so that the majority of its members are U.K. citizens. Consequently, the appointment of former Grainger Plc managing director Laure Duhot as nonexecutive director, and the retirement of Guernsey-resident Shelagh Mason will come into effect Sept. 29.
Mason held the position of director and audit committee member at the company.
* Redefine Properties Ltd.'s board hired Bridgitte Mathews to serve as deputy chairperson and lead independent director, as part of its succession plan for nonexecutive directors, effective Aug. 4.
Meanwhile, independent nonexecutive director Bernie Nackan will continue in his roles as chairman of the nomination and investment committees and member of the audit and risk committee.