S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Bangladesh-based City Bank Ltd. appointed Aziz Al Kaiser chairman and Hossain Khaled vice chairman.
* HSBC Bank (Singapore) Ltd. has reportedly appointed Mukhtar Hussain chairman and director to its board.
* U.S.-based Jefferies Financial Group Inc. reportedly appointed Peter Colwell its leveraged finance and loan syndicate head in Australia.
* Matthew Whyte has resigned as CFO of Australia's Blue Sky Alternative Investments Ltd.
* India's Satin Creditcare Network Ltd. said Sanjaya Gupta stepped down, effective Oct. 15.
* Sri Lanka-based People's Leasing & Finance Plc said Ali Asgar Shabbir Gulamhusein resigned as an independent nonexecutive director, effective Aug. 31.
* Hong Kong's Eagle Ride Investment Holdings Ltd named Ding Shiguo a nonexecutive director on its board.
* Pakistan's government reportedly dismissed the heads of four banks, including Zarai Taraqiati Bank Ltd. President and CEO Syed Talat Mahmood, as well as National Bank of Pakistan President and CEO Saeed Ahmad.
* Australia's Oakajee Corp. Ltd. said Doug Rose joined its board as a nonexecutive director.
* Northern Trust Asset Management appointed Scott Bennett head of quantitative research and client solutions for Australia and New Zealand.
* Hugues de La Marnierre was named CEO of Societe Generale (China) Ltd., while Pierre-Yves Bonnet will assume the role of group country head for China.
* AB Bank Ltd. reportedly appointed Tarique Afzal deputy managing director.
* Wang Wei Hsin resigned as CEO and executive director of South China Financial Holdings Ltd., with Ng Yuk Mui Jessica taking over as CEO, effective Oct. 17.
* Alliance Bank Malaysia Bhd. appointed Susan Yuen Su Min an independent and nonexecutive director.
* Ma Weihua was named CEO and vice chairman of Bohai Capital Holding Co. Ltd.
* HSBC Holdings PLC appointed Kanchana Hewavitharana COO of its Sri Lanka and Maldives operations, effective from September.
* HSBC Bank PLC has reportedly appointed Graham FitzGerald president and CEO of HSBC Philippines.
* Life Insurance Corp. of India said Usha Sangwan retired as managing director, with effect from Sept. 29.
* Australia's ClearView Wealth Ltd. said Satoshi Wakuya will resign as a director on its board.
* Ian Parkes was appointed CFO of Australia's Mortgage Choice Ltd.
* Commonwealth Bank of Australia named Alan Docherty its CFO.
* Wei Qinghua stepped down as general manager and CFO of China-based Dongxing Securities Co. Ltd.
* Bank of Ningbo Co. Ltd. nominated Wang Zhenhai a member of the supervisory board.
* Moshiur Rahman Chowdhury reportedly resigned as managing director of AB Bank Ltd.
* Mahesh Kumar Dhanuka stepped down as managing director of India-based Dhanuka Commercial Ltd. Sanjeev Mittal also resigned as chairman and CFO of the Indian nonbanking financial company.
* The board of Taiwan's Capital Securities Corp. appointed Chia Chung-Tao president.
* ICICI Securities Ltd. appointed Anup Bagchi and Pramod Rao nonexecutive directors on its board.
* Liang Yutang stepped down as vice chairman and executive director of China Minsheng Banking Corp. Ltd.
* The National Company Law Tribunal in Mumbai appointed Vineet Nayyar, Nand Kishore and Malini Shankar nominee directors of India's IL&FS Financial Services Ltd.
* Australia's Clime Asset Management Ltd. said John Abernethy will resign as managing director, effective Dec. 31.
* Fei Zhoulin stepped down as a nonexecutive director of Industrial & Commercial Bank of China Ltd.
* Taiwan's Capital Securities Corp. said Chao Yung-Fei joined the company's board.