S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Zdenek Turek resigned as a member of the supervisory board of Bank Handlowy w Warszawie SA, effective Dec. 31.
* Aktia Pankki Oyj's board of supervisors appointed Lasse Svens vice chair of the bank's board of directors.
* Pavel Loginov joined the board of directors of Eurasian Bank JSC, replacing Michael Eggleton. The bank earlier said Loginov also replaced Eggleton as chairman of the management board.
* Kirill Androsov will join Otkritie Holding JSC's board of directors as an independent member. Management board Chairman Ruben Aganbegyan will meanwhile become supervisory board chairman and president of Otkritie Financial Corp. Bank, replacing Dmitry Romaev.
* Group CEO Mark Cloutier will become executive chairman of Brit Ltd., effective in January 2017. He will replace Nonexecutive Chairman Richard Ward, who will remain on Brit's board as senior independent director and continue as chairman of Lloyd's Syndicate - 2987 (Brit Syndicates Ltd.)
* Private & Commercial Finance Group Plc named Tim Franklin chairman of the board, succeeding David Anthony, who is stepping down as nonexecutive chairman and a director of the company.
* Ian King will join Schroders Plc's board, effective Jan. 1, 2017.
* Former Banca Monte dei Paschi di Siena SpA head Fabrizio Viola joined Veneto Banca SpA's board, replacing Beniamino Anselmi in his role as director.
* Virgin Money Holdings (UK) Plc appointed Darren Pope and Eva Eisenschimmel independent nonexecutive directors, subject to regulatory approval. Both will join the company's board in the first quarter of 2017. In addition, Marilyn Spearing, an independent nonexecutive director, will retire after completing her three-year term in January 2017 and will step down at the company's annual general meeting May 3, 2017.
Please forward news of board changes in Europe to email@example.com.
Beata Fojcik contributed to this article.