S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Guy Carpenter & Co. appointed Tony Gallagher CEO of the Asia-Pacific region business, effective Aug. 1. At the same time, Richard Jones was promoted to chairman for the region.
* Bank of Communications Co. Ltd. Chairman Niu Ximing is taking a leave of absence due to health reasons. The bank said that its board elected Peng Chun as chairman on a temporary basis.
* Hong Kong Exchanges & Clearing Ltd. said Iain Greig stepped down as COO of subsidiary LME Clear Ltd., effective Aug. 2. LME Clear CEO Adrian Farnham will additionally serve as acting COO until a successor is identified.
* Hong Leong Assurance Bhd. appointed Loke Kah Meng as COO, effective Aug. 1. Loke will also lead the company's bancassurance, alternative channels, strategic marketing and product development departments.
* City Union Bank Ltd. appointed Subramaniam Narayanan and R. Mohan as independent directors, effective Aug. 23.
* Rizal Commercial Banking Corp. appointed Ana Luisa Lim chief compliance officer and head of its regulatory affairs division, effective Aug. 1, subject to regulatory approval. Edel Mary Vegamora was appointed as chief audit executive and head of its internal audit group, effective Aug. 3.
* Andhra Bank named R. Srinivasan as chief risk officer for a one-year period, effective Aug. 1. Srinivasan currently serves as deputy general manager.
* Japan Bank for International Cooperation appointed Kazuhisa Yumikura as managing executive officer and global head of the infrastructure and environment finance group, effective Aug. 1. Yumikura replaces Hideo Naito who retired, effective July 31.
* South China Insurance Co. Ltd. appointed Wu Chung-chuan as chairman. Wu was formerly general manager of the Taiwan Insurance Institute.
* Alliance Islamic Bank Bhd. named Rizal Il-Ehzan Fadil Azim CEO, The Edge Markets reported. He replaces Foziakhatoon Amanulla Khan, who will take on the role of chief business development officer for the strategic business development division of Alliance Bank Malaysia Bhd. The appointment is effective Aug. 1.
* South Korea-based BNP Paribas Cardif Life Insurance appointed Benoit Meslet CEO and representative director. Meslet, who was appointed July 31, replaces Jean-Christophe Darbes, who will take on a new role with BNP Paribas Group.
* Australia & New Zealand Banking Group Ltd. appointed Rufus Pinto CEO for its Laos operations. The bank said it expects to name a new regional country head in Vanuatu, Kiribati and New Caledonia in the coming weeks.
* Australia-based Euroz Ltd. appointed Robert Black as executive director.
* Robeco Groep NV named Shiro Tsubota president and representative director for Japan, effective July 31.
* DBS Group Holdings Ltd. unit DBS Bank Ltd. appointed Raof Latiff head of digital for its institutional banking group.
* Pakistan-based Faysal Bank Ltd. appointed Yousaf Hussain president and CEO, the Associated Press of Pakistan reported. The appointment is subject to regulatory approvals.
* China Construction Bank Corp. nominated the current chairman of Bank of China Ltd., Tian Guoli, as its next chairman, Reuters reported. Meanwhile, Chen Siqing, who currently serves as president of Bank of China, will likely take over Gouli's role if he will be appointed as China Construction Bank's chairman.
* LH Financial Group PCL appointed Shih Jiing-Fuh and Wu Kuo-Chin as directors, and Supriya Kuandachakupt and Sun Vithespongse as independent directors. The directors were appointed in accordance with an investment agreement with CTBC Bank Co. Ltd. Phairoj Hengsakul and Somsak Assavapokee resigned as independent directors, while Suwanna Bhuddhaprasart resigned as director. The changes took effect Aug. 1.
* Public Bank Bhd. said Teh Hong Piow will retire as nonexecutive chairman, effective Jan. 1, 2019. Teh will also retire as chairman of Public Bank subsidiaries Public Islamic Bank Bhd. and Public Investment Bank Bhd. He will remain on the boards of the two units as nonexecutive director. The changes will take effect Jan. 1, 2018. Teh, who founded the bank in December 1965, will continue as an adviser and will become chairman emeritus after his retirement.
* Argo Group International Holdings Ltd. named Matt Harris head of its Europe and Asia operations, effective July 31.
* Zhou Ke stepped down as nonexecutive director of Agricultural Bank of China Ltd., effective July 31.
* Dennis Velasquez stepped down as executive vice president and head of the central operations group at BDO Unibank Inc., effective Aug. 1.
* Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd. redesignated Luigi Fortunato Ghirardello as a nonindependent nonexecutive director from independent nonexecutive director.
* Sri Lanka's Pan Asia Banking Corp. Plc named Godewatta Arachchige Rasika Dimuth Prasanna as chairman, effective July 30. Prasanna replaces Ruwanpura Eshana Uvindra De Silva, who retired on July 29.
* DBS Group Holdings Ltd. appointed Hou Wey Fook chief investment officer of its consumer banking and wealth management division, effective early September. Hou will replace Lim Say Boon.
* Great Eastern Holdings Ltd. appointed Teoh Lian Ee an independent nonexecutive director, effective Aug. 1.
* Chubb Ltd. named Andrew Syddall underwriting manager for its accident and health brokerage portfolio for Australia and New Zealand.
* Bupa named Simeon Preston CEO of its international markets division, effective Oct. 1. Bupa international markets include Max Bupa Health Insurance Co. Ltd., Bupa Hong Kong and Bupa China.
* Medibank Pvt. Ltd. appointed Tracey Batten a nonexecutive director, effective Aug. 28.
* United Overseas Bank Ltd. appointed Alexander Charles Hungate, Wong Kan Seng and Alvin Yeo Khirn Hai independent nonexecutive directors, and Michael Lien Jown Leam a nonindependent nonexecutive director, effective July 27.
* East West Banking Corp. appointed Rafael Algarra senior executive vice president and head of asset management, corporate banking and distribution, effective Aug. 1. Among other changes, the company appointed Raymond Murphy D'Cruz senior vice president and chief transformation officer.