This feature rounds uprecent property news from covered companies and highlights larger deal coveragealready published.
* CyrusOne Inc.said April 1 that it closed its previously announced acquisition of a suburban Chicagodata center in Aurora, Ill., from CMEGroup Inc. for $130 million. Additionally, CyrusOne acquired approximately36,000 colocation square feet available for lease and approximately 15 acres ofdevelopable land directly adjacent to the data center.
* CT Real EstateInvestment Trust unveiled its plan to acquire and lease back the in Calgary, Alberta, at a total investment of approximately C$84 million. Accordingto an April 1 statement, CT REIT waived its due diligence conditions in an agreementit entered into with Sears Canada for the sale and leaseback of the facility, whichcomprises approximately 660,000 square feet and seven acres of excess land. Thetransaction is expected to close in April.
* Consolidated-TomokaLand Co. executed a definitive agreement for the sale of a portfolioof 14 single-tenant income properties for approximately $51.6 million. Accordingto a March 31 statement, the properties are scattered across California, Colorado,Florida, Illinois and Arizona. If completed, the sale would result in an estimatedpost-tax gain to the company of approximately $11.4 million, or $1.22 per share.The sale is expected to close in the third quarter.
* One Liberty PropertiesInc. said March 31 that it purchased two class A multitenant industrialproperties in Greenville, S.C., for an aggregate purchase price of $17.1 million.The properties, aggregating 270,000 square feet, are net leased by six tenants withstaggered lease maturities through 2021, including three tenants that are subsidiariesof NYSE-listed companies.
* CareTrust REITInc. acquired the Victory Park Nursing Home and Victoria RetirementCommunity in Cincinnati.
The company said April 4 that the 55-bed skilled nursing facility,as well as the 90-bed, 69-assisted-living-unit property, will be added to its existingmaster lease with Pristine Senior Living.
CareTrust will provide Pristine with $500,000 to perform immediateupgrades, bringing the company's total investment in the properties to $15.2 million.The master lease has a remaining initial term of 14.5 years with two five-year renewaloptions and generates annual rents of $1.4 million.
Separately, CareTrust said it acquired Cedar Falls Health CareCenter, an 82-bed skilled nursing facility in Cedar Falls, Iowa. The purchase price,inclusive of estimated transaction costs, was approximately $5.0 million. Initialannual rental revenue to CareTrust is approximately $483,000. The master lease carriesa remaining term of 14.5 years with two five-year renewal options and CPI-basedrent escalators. The facility will be leased to a Trillium Healthcare Group LLCunit through an amendment to Trillium's existing master lease with CareTrust.
* American HotelIncome Properties REIT LP on April 1 announced the completion of itspreviously announced 24-room expansion at the 116-room Oak Tree Inn hotel and Penny'sDiner in Hearne, Texas, for a total purchase price of $2.4 million. The Hearne propertycurrently has a 98% rail crew room guarantee, the company noted, adding that theexpansion will provide capacity to accommodate additional rail crew and commercialdemand as the railway customer continues its major expansion of the local rail yard.
* Phillips EdisonGrocery Center REIT II Inc. acquired the Lakewood City Center in Lakewood,Ohio, according to a March 31 statement. The 67,280-square-foot shopping centeris anchored by a 39,400-square-foot Marc's grocery store.
W. P. Carey announces$167M deal for 3 prep schools: Affiliates of Nord Anglia Education willlease the properties, located in Florida and Texas, under 25-year triple-net leases.
Columbia PropertyTrust nets $187M from Baltimore asset sale: The company will use theproceeds from the sale of the 653,000-square-foot property to repay a $119 millionshort-term bridge loan and borrowings on its unsecured credit facility.
CBL & Associatescloses $151.5M dispositions: The company completed two separate dispositionsof a retail center and a community center valued at $151.5 million.
Forest City, QICcomplete JV for Ballston Quarter redevelopment: The REIT sold a 49%equity interest in the Arlington, Va., property to the Australian institutionalinvestment manager.
Report: EquityResidential picks up $80M NY apartment asset: The rental property inBrooklyn, N.Y., was launched in late 2015, TheReal Deal reported.
DDR details Q1acquisition, dispositions: Assets sold in the first quarter include11 assets from a joint venture.