S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive changes at pharmaceutical, biotech and life sciences companies.
* Michael Lark will step down as the chief scientific officer of Trevena Inc. in mid-December as the company reduces its workforce by 30% to focus resources on the potential approval and commercialization of its painkiller Olinvo in the U.S.
* Verastem Inc. appointed NgocDiep Le as its chief medical officer. Le joins Verastem from AstraZeneca PLC unit MedImmune Inc. where she served as vice president of immuno-oncology innovative medicines.
* Versartis Inc. said chief development officer Colin Hislop's employment will be terminated Oct. 20. Hislop joined Versartis in 2016 from Anthera Pharmaceuticals Inc.
* Foundation Medicine Inc. appointed Tom Civik to the role of chief commercial officer. Civik most recently served as a vice president and officer of Genentech Inc.
* Kalytera Therapeutics Inc. named CEO Robert Farrell its permanent CEO. Additionally, David Bassa resigned as COO.
* Knight Therapeutics Inc.'s CFO, Jeffrey Kadanoff, is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities. President Samira Sakhia will assume the additional responsibility of CFO.
* Stephen Hoffman will join Aerpio Pharmaceuticals Inc. as CEO. Hoffman succeeds Joseph Gardner, the founder of the company, who will continue to serve as president.
* Synlogic Inc. named Andrew Gengos as its COO and head of corporate development. Gengos was most recently the president and CEO of ImmunoCellular Therapeutics Ltd.
* Zafgen Inc. appointed Jeffrey Hatfield as its CEO, replacing Thomas Hughes, who will remain with the company as president and assume the newly created role of chief scientific officer.
* Cliff Holloway will join Scancell Holdings PLC as CEO. Cliff succeeds Richard Goodfellow, who will remain on the company's board.
* Benitec Biopharma Ltd. said Cliff Holloway resigned as chief business and operations officer to pursue other opportunities.
* Malin Corp. PLC appointed former U.S. Food and Drug Administration commissioner Andrew von Eschenbach to serve as the chief medical adviser to the company.
* ChromaDex Corp. said Thomas Varvaro will step down as CFO of the company to pursue other opportunities. Kevin Farr, who is the former executive vice president and CFO of Mattel Inc., will replace Varvaro at the company.
* AdAlta Ltd. appointed Dallas Hartman to the newly created role of COO. Hartman was most recently vice president of product development at Nexvet Biopharma Plc, now a unit of Zoetis Inc.
* William Andrews will replace Robert Steiner as chief medical officer of Acer Therapeutics Inc., which has merged with Opexa Therapeutics, Inc. Andrews previously held senior leadership positions and positions of increasing responsibility at Aegerion Pharmaceuticals, Inc., Santhera Pharmaceuticals Holding AG, Sepracor, and ClinQuest.