This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estate industry, including U.S. real estate investment trusts and homebuilders.
* Healthcare real estate investment trust Welltower Inc. promoted Shankh Mitra to executive vice president and chief investment officer from senior vice president of investments.
* Healthcare REIT HCP Inc. appointed Katherine Sandstrom as a new independent director. Sandstrom most recently led the real estate securities business of Heitman LLC.
Francisco Gutierrez, Alexander & Baldwin
* Real estate services company Realogy Holdings Corp. expanded its board size to nine directors with the addition of Checkers Drive-In Restaurants Inc. CEO Enrique Silva, who will also join the audit committee.
* Firm Capital Property Trust added Victoria Granovski, senior vice president of credit and equity capital at Firm Capital Corp, and Jeffrey Goldfarb to its board of trustees.
* Diversified real estate company St. Joe Co. tapped Elizabeth Walters to replace Kenneth Borick as senior vice president, general counsel and corporate secretary, effective Aug. 27.
* Alexander & Baldwin Inc. hired Francisco Gutierrez as senior vice president for development, effective Aug. 27. Gutierrez served most recently as senior director of development at GGP Inc.
* Hyatt Hotels Corp. appointed Mia Kyricos to the newly created position of senior vice president and global head of wellbeing. Before the appointment, Kyricos was president and CEO of Kyricos & Associates LLC, a boutique advisory firm providing guidance to wellness-driven hospitality, tourism and healthy lifestyle companies.
* CBRE Group Inc. named Don Leeke president of client solutions for the company's Global Workplace Solutions business. Leeke previously worked for International Business Machines Corp. as vice president of North America analytics sales, in addition to previously leading sales activities for Hewlett Packard Enterprise Co. and Microsoft Corp.