S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* London Stock Exchange Group PLC appointed Cressida Hogg to its board of directors as an independent non-executive director, effective immediately.
* Saga PLC appointed Gareth Hoskin to its board of directors as a non-executive director, effective March 11.
* Schroders PLC appointed Deborah Waterhouse and Leonie Schroder to its board of directors as independent and non-independent non-executive directors, respectively. Waterhouse replaces Robin Buchanan, who is slated to retire following the group's annual general meeting on May 2, while Leonie Schroder, a descendant of co-founder John Henry Schroder, will replace deceased director Bruno Schroder.
* Bank for International Settlements' group of governors and heads of supervision, an oversight body, appointed Banco de España's Governor Pablo Hernández de Cos as the new chairman of the Basel Committee on Banking Supervision — replacing Sveriges Riksbank's Governor Stefan Ingves.
* Alpha Growth PLC appointed Jason Sutherland to the board of directors as a non-executive director. The company's CFO Rory Heier is stepping down from his executive board role to become a non-executive director, effective immediately.
* Kazakhstan's JSC ForteBank's shareholders appointed Yeldar Sovetovich Abdrazakov to the board of directors for a three-year term expiring 2022 and re-elected Magzhan Muratovich Auezov as chairman of the board.
* Barclays PLC said Reuben Jeffery III, Dambisa Moyo and Mike Turner will step down from the board of directors at the upcoming May 2 annual general meeting. Additionally, Nigel Higgins will replace John McFarlane as chairman of the board after he steps down on the same day.
* Direct Line Insurance Group PLC said non-executive director and member of the audit and remuneration committees Clare Thompson will step down from her role at the company's annual general meeting on May 9.
* Nivaura Ltd, a blockchain-based financial technology company from London, said London Stock Exchange PLC's CEO Nikhil Rathi along with investment banking veteran Spencer Lake will join its board of directors following its latest $20 million seed investment round led by the London Stock Exchange Group.
* MXC Capital Ltd. appointed Simon Freer to its board of directors as a non-executive director, effective immediately.
* Banco Santander SA's unit Santander Bank Polska SA said José Manuel Campa resigned from the supervisory board, effective immediately, because of his participation in the nomination process for the European Banking Authority's new chairperson.
* Seraphim Capital General Partner LLP appointed Candace Johnson to its space global advisory board and named her partner.