* The Financial Industry Regulatory Authority hit J.P. Morgan Securities with a $2.8 million fine over alleged violation of the Securities and Exchange Commission's customer protection rule.
* An investor group is buying Chattanooga, Tenn.-based Atlantic Capital Bank's Southeastern Trust Co. The investor group is led by D. Michael Kramer, former president of the bank.
* Average credit card debt is up 9% since 2015, according to the Consumer Financial Protection Bureau's biennial report.
* New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo has proposed new consumer protections for life insurance sales. The proposed Department of Financial Services regulation would adopt a "best interest" standard for licensed sellers of life insurance and annuity products.
* Insurers are looking for alternative ways to offer long-term care policies to individuals as companies exit the LTC market.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.