S&P Global MarketIntelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and otherpersonnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed byannouncement dates in reverse chronological order.
* AMPLtd. appointed Helen Livesey as group executive for publicaffairs and chief of staff to replace Matthew Percival, who will retire from thecompany. The appointment will take effect Jan. 1, 2017.
* PrudentialPlc unit PrudentialAssurance Co. Singapore (Pte) Ltd. Wilfred Blackburn as CEO,effective Oct. 4, The Straits Timesreported, citing an internal company memo. Blackburn replacedPhilip Seah, who will assume an executive role at Prudential Corp. Asia.
* Export-Import Bank of Thailand Parisa Phakdurong as firstvice president of office of risk management, effective Oct. 1.
* IOOFHoldings Ltd. appointed George Venardos as its new chairman to replaceRoger Sexton, who is retiring from the board. The change is effective Nov. 24.In addition, the company appointed John Selak as an independent nonexecutivedirector, effective Oct. 14.
* NZXLtd. CEO Tim Bennett plans to step down from the role at the end of 2016. Theexchange has commenced a formal search for a new CEO.
* InsuranceAustralia Group Ltd. said Claire Rawlins, group executive fordigital and technology, has left the company.
* UnionBank ofthe Philippines appointed Maria Carmen Benitez as risk review head underits enterprise risk management division, with the rank of vice president. Thebank also appointed Jose Palacios as corporate banking officer under itscorporate banking group, with the rank of assistant vice president.
* HeartlandBank Ltd. appointed Vanessa Stoddart as an independent director.
* RelianceNippon Life Insurance Co. Ltd. named Ashish Vohra as CEO of the company.
* B.P. Pandey was appointed as chairman and managing director ofRural Electrification Corp.Ltd., effective Oct. 1.
* Bangladesh-based Standard Bank Ltd. promoted Mamun-Ur-Rashid to managing director of thebank.
* MLC Ltd. made changes to its board following 's sale ofan 80% stake in MLC to NipponLife Insurance Co. The company said Peeyush Gupta will step down aschairman, following the appointment of Peter Grey as MLC's new chairman. Inaddition, Elana Rubin retired as a director, while Andrew Gale will depart as aboard member.
* FirstNational Bank Modaraba appointed Khawaja Muhammad Amin-ul-Azam as its chairman,replacing Wajahat Baqai.
* Sanjay Arya has resigned as executive director of United Bank of India after reaching the age ofsuperannuation, effective Sept. 30.
* PowerFinance Corp. Ltd. appointed Rajeev Sharma as the company's chairman andmanaging director, replacing M.K. Goel.
* The Indian government has Arundhati Bhattacharya's tenureas chairman of State Bank ofIndia for one year.
* Bank ofBaroda said Vidyasagar Narang ceased to be CFO of the bank, Sept. 30.
* R. Subramania Kumar left as an executive director of . The bank said Kumar wasrelieved of his post, effective Sept. 29, as he was appointed as an executivedirector of Indian OverseasBank.
* Central Bankof the Republic of China (Taiwan) Governor Perng Fai-nan said hewill step down fromhis post when his current term ends in February 2018, The China Post reported.
* DhanlaxmiBank Ltd. appointed Arun Rao M.G and P.S Sreekumar as independentdirectors for a year. Additionally, E. Madhavan ceased to be an additionaldirector on the bank's board. The changes took effect Sept. 29.
* Michael Ashwin Singh resigned as senior vice president and segment head forinstitutional cross-selling at Rizal Commercial Banking Corp., effective Sept. 30.
* DBS Bank(Hong Kong) Ltd. appointed Anuruk Karoonyavanich as CEO of DBS AsiaCapital Ltd., effective Oct. 1. Karoonyavanich replaces Jerry Tse for the role.
* RHB BankBhd. said Abdul Rahman Bin Ahmad resigned as an independent nonexecutive director,effective Sept. 29. Abdul Rahman Bin Ahmad's resignation came after he wasappointed as president and group CEO of Permodalan Nasional Bhd.
* AEON CreditService (Asia) Co. Ltd. appointed Adrian Lee Ching Ming as an independentnonexecutive director to replace Ip Yuk Keung.
* Jammu &Kashmir Bank Ltd.appointed Parvez Ahmad as chairman and CEO for athree-year term, effective Oct. 6.
* NZX Ltd. appointed Benjamin Phillips as head of marketoperations, effective Oct. 3.
* Bank ofChina Ltd. nominated Angela Chao as an independent nonexecutivedirector.
* MCISInsurance Bhd. appointed Kobus Vlok as the company's new CEO, effectiveOct. 1. He replaces Kevin Jones, who recently notified thecompany's board of his intention to pursue other interests.
* Gautam Saxena and Saikat Mukherjee, Singapore-basedbankers at Bank of America Corp.,left their roles,Bloomberg News reported, citing "people with knowledge of the matter."Saxena was Asia-Pacific head of telecom and media investment banking, whileMukherjee served as managing director.
* ChubbLtd. announced three appointments within its P&C business forAsia-Pacific. The company appointed Michael Frazer as Asia-Pacific head ofproperty, Michael Peacock as head of energy and power for Asia-Pacific, whileStephen Hanna replaced Peacock as energy and technical lines manager forAustralia and New Zealand.
* Larry Madge has been appointed CEO of PVI Sun Life Insurance Co. Ltd.
* ChinaGuangfa Bank Co. Ltd. appointed Yang Mingsheng as chairman, Liu Jiade aspresident and Yin Yi as vice president.
* SyarikatTakaful Malaysia Bhd. appointed Azlin Arshad as independent nonexecutivedirector, effective Oct. 1.
* Eaton VanceManagement named Shiva Iyer as vice president and senior globalincome trader of its Singapore-based subsidiary Eaton Vance ManagementInternational (Asia) Pte. Ltd.
* State Bank of India said that the Indian governmentappointed ChandanSinha as a director on the bank's board, effective Sept. 28.