trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/PbsjJfHeKivtqi1ba9llNQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Alibaba upgrades intellectual property protection

COVID-19 Lockdown Boosted Growth Of Digital Platforms

Asia-Pacific markets improve broadband speeds despite COVID-19 impact

Simplifying The Assessment of Company Fundamental Data

China COVID-19 Trends In TV, Video


Alibaba upgrades intellectual property protection

In its latest effort to battle counterfeit goods, Chinese e-commerce giant Alibaba Group Holding Ltd. upgraded its intellectual property protection platform to facilitate the removal of fake product listings on its online marketplaces.

Alibaba said Aug. 10 that in the month following the enhancements, 96% of complaints from brands and rights holders about counterfeit goods were handled within 24 hours, resulting in 83% of those listings being taken down. Such action was declined on the remaining 17% for reasons such as insufficient evidence to prove intellectual property infringement.

The platform now provides a single entry point for such complaints across all of Alibaba's e-commerce sites.

This comes just days after French luxury house Kering SA dropped its lawsuit against Alibaba linked to the counterfeiting issue and formed a joint taskforce with the Chinese company aimed at protecting intellectual property rights.

Alibaba also recently won a civil case in China against a seller of fake cat food on its e-commerce site Taobao.

The company said that in 2016, it started cracking down on online merchants who attempted to mislead consumers by misappropriating branded keywords for use in their product listings, adding that valid complaints about the misuse of trademarked keywords dropped 84% year over year as of the end of July.