* Speaking in New York, British Foreign SecretaryBoris Johnson said he expects U.K.-based banks and other financial institutionswill be able to retaintheir "passporting rights" even after Brexit, the Financial Times reports.
* Elizabethton, Tenn.-based Citizens Bank isacquiring Knoxville,Tenn.-based American Trust Bank of East Tennessee for $19.8 million in cash.
* Ironshore Inc. filed for an , about a month after its parentcompany, Chinese conglomerate Fosun International Holdings Ltd., soughtapproval from the Hong Kong stock exchange for spinning off the Bermuda-basedinsurer.
* First Hawaiian Inc., which recently filed for anIPO, intends to set the termsof the offering and sell its shares in the coming weeks, say sources forBloomberg News.
* The American Bankers Association on July 22 wrote aletter addressed to the OCC, the FDIC and the Federal Reserve Board, providing recommendationson how to improve the stress-testing process for midsize banks and how tomaximize the effectiveness of the annual tests.
* FINRA's regulatory noticereminding member firms of the right of "associated persons" andcustomers to request arbitration at FINRA was goodnews to several brokers formerly employed by Credit Suisse Group AG who arein the middle of a dispute with the company over deferred compensation, The New York Times' DealBook reports.
TheDaily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external linksmay require a subscription.