S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* The Indian government appointed Rajnish Kumar chairman of State Bank of India. He replaces Arundhati Bhattacharya, who will step down as chairman Oct. 6.
* Religare Enterprises Ltd. appointed Sabina Vaisoha a nonexecutive independent director, effective Oct. 4, subject to shareholder approval.
* Deutsche Bank AG tapped Morgan Stanley Investment Management Inc.'s COO for global sales and distribution, Alex Prout, to head its Asia-Pacific asset management business, Reuters reported.
* Chubb Ltd. named Cunqiang Li the COO of its international life insurance division, Chubb Life. He will be based in Hong Kong and will focus on leading the daily operations of Chubb Life's Asian life insurance entities. The company also appointed Brad Bennett regional president of Chubb's Far East operations in Japan.
* China Development Financial Holding Corp. unit KGI Asia Ltd. appointed Wong Hoe Choon Reddy a new director, effective Oct. 3. Wong, a director of KG Investments Holdings Ltd., replaced Lau Hung Chuen who resigned as director.
* India-based Geojit Financial Services Ltd. said Joe Peter resigned as the company's CFO, effective at the close of business Sept. 30.
* Virendra Kumar Madan resigned as nonexecutive director of Religare Enterprises Ltd., effective Sept. 29.
* Choi Yiu Kwan stepped down as an independent nonexecutive director of Industrial & Commercial Bank of China (Asia) Ltd., effective Oct. 1.
* Multi Commodity Exchange of India Ltd. appointed Shankar Aggarwal a public interest director on its board, effective Oct. 1, subject to the approval of the Securities and Exchange Board of India.
* Barclays Plc appointed Reid Marsh head of banking for Europe, the Middle East and Asia-Pacific, Reuters reported Oct. 3.
* Hsieh Hsiu-Hsien joined the board of Hua Nan Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. as a representative of Bank of Taiwan, effective Oct. 3.
* Union Bank of Colombo Plc appointed Atul Malik a nonexecutive nonindependent director on its board, effective Oct. 2.
* Hewafonsekage Joseph Denzil Fonseka resigned as a nonexecutive nonindependent director of Merchant Bank of Sri Lanka & Finance Plc, effective Sept. 28.
* Malayan Banking Bhd., or Maybank, appointed Renato Tinio De Guzman an independent nonexecutive director.
* Shinsei Bank Ltd. appointed Hiroyuki Torigoe the new president and CEO of unit Shinsei Financial Co. Ltd., effective Nov. 1. Riku Sugie will retire as president and CEO of Shinsei Financial, effective Oct. 31.
* Union Bank of the Philippines appointed Paul Guadalupe as head of e-commerce/merchant acquiring with the rank of assistant vice president.
* Harold Bentley retired as a director of Nib Holdings Ltd., effective Sept. 30. Bentley also retired as a director of Nib Health Funds Ltd., Nib NZ Holdings Ltd. and Nib NZ Ltd.
* ASB Bank Ltd. CEO Barbara Chapman is planning to retire in 2018.
* He Xiuhong became president of UBS (China) Ltd. He replaced Chen Qing, who stepped down as president and executive director.
* Mega Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. appointed Jiunn-Rong Chiou as a director, effective Oct. 1. Jiunn-Rong Chiou, who is deputy minister of National Development Council, will replace Ming-Hsin Kung on the company's board.
* Dhanlaxmi Bank Ltd. appointed Vijaya Raghavan Gopala Pillai as an independent director for a period of two years. Pillai replaces Arun Rao as independent director.
* Tsai Chien-Chih and Lee Yiu-Wing resigned as directors of SinoPac Financial Holdings Co. Ltd. unit SinoPac Securities (Asia) Ltd., effective Oct. 1.
* CTBC Financial Holding Co. Ltd. appointed Yen Chun Hsien as a director of CTBC Asia Ltd., effective Sept. 29. Yen Chun Hsien, who is assistant vice president of CTBC Securities, will replace Wu I Kwei, Daniel in the role.
* MNRB Holdings Bhd. appointed Johar Bin Che Mat as an independent and nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 1.
* Mizuho Securities Co. Ltd. named Yasuto Hamanishi and Yuzo Kanamori as co-heads of global investment banking, effective Oct. 1.
* Orient Securities International Holdings Ltd. named Siu Kin Wai as an independent nonexecutive director on its board.
* Tokio Marine Holdings Inc. said Arthur Lee resigned as CEO of unit Tokio Marine Asia Pte. Ltd., effective Sept. 30.
* The Indian government nominated N. Srinivasa Rao a government nominee director on Vijaya Bank's board. The appointment is effective Sept. 28.
* East West Banking Corp. appointed Rhodora Lugay CFO and executive vice president, effective Oct. 1. Lugay replaces Maria Alicia Arnaldo, who stepped down as CFO and senior vice president with effect from Aug. 8 due to health reasons.
* TATA Capital Ltd. named Rajiv Sabharwal its CEO and managing director, Press Trust of India reported. Sabharwal will join the company in January 2018 and take over the role of CEO and managing director from Praveen P. Kadle in April of the same year.
* David Goffage, head of equity capital markets in Australia for Bank of America Merrill Lynch, has resigned, The Australian Financial Review reported Sept. 28.