trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/ogr1un6dkdadxyb-za8wzq2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Subsea 7 wins 2nd contract for Vito development in Gulf of Mexico

Blog

Insight Weekly: US stock performance; banks' M&A risk; COVID-19 vaccine makers' earnings

Video

S&P Capital IQ Pro | Powered by Expert Insights

Blog

Insight Weekly: LNG exports surge; investors unfazed by inflation; neobanks drive VC funding

451 Research Podcast

Next in Tech | Episode 41: IoT's Role in Energy and Utilities


Subsea 7 wins 2nd contract for Vito development in Gulf of Mexico

Subsea 7 SA said Oct. 10 that it was granted a construction contract by Enbridge Offshore Facilities LLC for the Vito development in the Gulf of Mexico for an undisclosed amount.

The contract covers "the transportation and installation of 50 miles of 18-inch oil export pipelines, 17 miles of 10-inch gas export pipelines and three miles of associated Steel Catenary Risers and pipeline end terminations."

Project management and engineering will take place in Houston. Offshore installation activities are slated for 2019 and 2020.

The Vito field is located approximately 150 miles south of New Orleans with water depths up to 4,000 feet. The field is operated by Shell Offshore Inc., a subsidiary of Royal Dutch Shell PLC, with a 63.11% stake while Statoil USA E&P Inc., a subsidiary of Equinor, holds the remaining 36.89%.