S&P Global Market Intelligence presents an overview of board changes at European financial institutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* David Thorburn resigned from the Bank of England's Prudential Regulation Committee to serve as a nonexecutive director at Barclays Plc's Barclays Bank UK.
* Vozrozhdenie Bank said Murat Aliev, head of Bonum Capital's board of directors, was named chairman of the lender's board of directors.
* Finland-based Finnvera Oyj named Pia Kauma, Anne Louhelainen and Timo Saranpää members of its supervisory board.
* Italian asset manager Anima Holding SpA appointed Livio Raimondi to its board, replacing Chairman Claudio Bombonato, who resigned from the group for personal reasons.
* AS Baltic International Bank said Ilona Guchak, the Latvian lender's management board chair, was named a member of its supervisory board. Viktors Bolbats, management board deputy chair, is now leading the bank.
* The board of Swiss Re AG proposed to elect Karen Gavan, Eileen Rominger and Larry Zimpleman nonexecutive and independent members. Gavan served as CEO of Canada-based Economical Insurance Group until her retirement in November 2016, while Rominger previously served as director of the investment management division at the U.S. Securities and Exchange Commission. Zimpleman formerly served as president and CEO of U.S.-based Principal Financial Group Inc.
* Nordea Bank AB (publ)'s board of directors elected Lars Nordström deputy chairman, while Nigel Hinshelwood and Torbjörn Magnusson were elected board members.
* London-based RSA Insurance Group Plc named Charlotte Jones a nonexecutive director, effective April 1. Jones currently serves as CFO and an executive director at Jupiter Fund Management Plc.
* Bank RBK JSC appointed Natalia Akentieva a member of its board of directors, replacing Marpu Zhakubaeva.
* Finland-based Keskinäinen työeläkevakuutusyhtiö Varma appointed Eero Broman, Jukka Erlund, Kari Kauniskangas, Pekka Kuusniemi and Petri Vanhala members of its supervisory board. Broman serves as chairman of Broman Group Oy, while Erlund serves as executive vice president and CFO of Kesko Corp. Kauniskangas and Kuusniemi serve as president and CEO of YIT Corp. and Raisio PLC, respectively, while Vanhala is the president of the Finnish Paper Workers' Union.
* Munich Re Co.'s supervisory board proposed Kurt Bock as a director to succeed Ron Sommer, who will step down from the board with effect from April 25.
* ING Bank NV put forward Michal Szczurek as a candidate to become a supervisory board member of Poland-based ING Bank Slaski SA.
* Tom Cross Brown, Just Group Plc's deputy chairman, will retire in conjunction with the U.K.-based insurer's May 17 annual general meeting. Brown has been a board member of the group and various legacy companies since December 2006.
* Brooks Macdonald Group Plc said former CEO Chris Macdonald will step down from its board March 31 to focus on other business interests, although he will continue to work with the company as an adviser.
* JSC Eximbank Kazakhstan said Tamara Omarova has resigned as a board member.
* Gilberto Muraro resigned as president of Intesa Sanpaolo SpA's Cassa di Risparmio del Veneto SpA for personal reasons. Muraro was in the middle of his second term as president, which was due to end in 2019. He held the post from 2014.
* PJSC TAScombank said the powers of supervisory board Chairman Serhiy Tihipko were terminated due to his appointment as chairman of the lender's management board.
* Wentworth Employee Benefits Ltd principals Richard Basford, Philip Hitchman and Elizabeth Hitchman will join U.S.-based NFP Corp.'s U.K. division as directors following the latter's acquisition of the British advisory firm.