S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* India's Lakshmi Vilas Bank Ltd. said N. S. Venkatesh stepped down as CFO and executive director, effective Oct. 21.
* AMP Ltd. unit AMP Capital Investors Ltd. appointed Genevieve Murray head of Australian equities and systematic co-portfolio manager. Michael Price, head of Australian fundamental equities, will leave the company. The changes are effective Oct. 11.
* Hur Yin will take over as CEO and president of the KB Financial Group Inc. unit KB Kookmin Bank. Hur is senior executive vice president at KB Kookmin Bank. He will replace Yoon Jong-kyoo as CEO and president of KB Kookmin Bank. Yoon will remain chairman and CEO of KB Financial.
* United Commercial Bank Ltd. appointed Arif Quadri an additional managing director, The Daily Star reported.
* The Indian government appointed Ajay Srivastava an executive director of Indian Overseas Bank, effective Oct. 9.
* The Indian government appointed Matam Venkata Rao an executive director of Canara Bank, effective Oct. 9.
* Bank of Tokyo-Mitsubishi UFJ Ltd. appointed Pornsanong Tuchinda executive officer.
* The Indian government appointed Govind Dongre an executive director of Punjab & Sind Bank, effective Oct. 10.
* The Indian government appointed Kul Bhushan Jain an executive director of Andhra Bank, effective Oct. 9.
* The Indian government appointed Bajrang Singh Shekhawat an executive director of Central Bank of India, effective Oct. 9.
* The Indian government appointed Chaitanya Gayatri Chintapalli an executive director of Bank of India, effective Oct. 9.
* Silkbank Ltd. appointed Shahzad Enver Murad a director on its board, effective Sept. 29. He replaced Adnan Afridi, who stepped down in August.
* India's IDBI Bank Ltd. appointed Bhuwanchandra Balkrishna Joshi an additional director, effective Oct. 9.
* Standard Chartered Bank Malaysia Bhd. appointed Abrar Anwar managing director and CEO, effective Nov. 1, The Star reported. Abrar will replace Mahendra Gursahani, who will be leaving the bank to take on another opportunity.
* China Construction Bank Corp. appointed former Bank of China Ltd. Chairman Tian Guoli its new chairman, effective Oct. 9. Tian, who was also named as an executive director for a three-year tenure, replaces Wang Hongzhang, who stepped down due to age.
* PNB MetLife India Insurance Co. Ltd. appointed Ashish Srivastava managing director and CEO, The Hindu Business Line reported. Srivastava replaces Tarun Chugh, who became managing director and CEO of Bajaj Allianz Life Insurance Co. Ltd. in April.
* Philippine National Bank said Washington Sycip, a director, died Oct. 7.
* Sequoia Financial Group Ltd said Nonexecutive Director Garry Crole, who owns a 24.45% stake in InterPrac Ltd., will become an executive director after the acquisition of InterPrac.
* China Fortune Financial Group Ltd said Hon Chun Yu and Fu Wan Sheung resigned as executive directors, effective Oct. 6. The company also appointed Hua Yang nonexecutive director.
* India's Axis Bank Ltd. said Sangram Singh was appointed CEO of Freecharge Payment Technologies, which it acquired from Jasper Infotech Private Ltd.
* Franklin Templeton Investments appointed Matthew Harrison managing director of its Australian operations, The Australian Financial Review's Street Talk blog reported. Harrison will replace Maria Wilton in November.
* Australia-based IRESS Ltd appointed Julie Fahey an independent nonexecutive director, effective Oct. 5.
* Bangladesh-based City Bank Ltd. named Adil lslam additional managing director.
* China Banking Corp. appointed Patrick Cheng CFO and Delia Marquez group head of centralized operations group, effective Dec. 1.