S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Gail Boudreaux will resign as a member of Xcel Energy Inc.'s board of directors due to professional time commitments, effective Dec. 31. Boudreaux was recently named CEO and president of Anthem Inc. and has served on the Xcel Energy board since 2012. She served on operations, nuclear, environmental and safety, and finance committees.
* Pacific Gas and Electric Co. said in a Dec. 11 SEC filing that Jeh Johnson resigned from its board of directors, effective Dec. 7. Johnson resigned to avoid holding interlocking positions as a director of the utility and a director of Lockheed Martin Corp., where he was elected Dec. 8. His appointment at Lockheed Martin is effective Jan. 1, 2018. Johnson will remain a member of the PG&E Corp. board and a member of the board's compliance and public policy committee and its safety and nuclear oversight committee.
* Memphis Light Gas and Water Division President and CEO Jerry Collins Jr. agreed to postpone his retirement until Jan. 31, 2018, to ensure a smooth transition. Collins, who has served as president and CEO of the company since 2007, previously planned to retire Dec. 19.
* Alliant Energy Corp. promoted John Larsen to succeed Patricia Kampling as president of the company, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Kampling will continue to serve as chairman and CEO. Larsen, the senior vice president of generation at Alliant Energy, will continue in his role as president of Wisconsin Power and Light Co. The company also promoted Robert Durian to senior vice president, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Durian will continue to serve as CFO and treasurer.
* Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy on Dec. 7 announced the appointment of José Antonio Miranda as CEO for its onshore business and Darnell Walker as CEO of its service business. Miranda previously served as head of the onshore activities for Gamesa's Latin America region, while Walker most recently served as CEO for the Service North America region.
* WEC Energy Group Inc. appointed William Farrow III to its board of directors, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Farrow will replace Paul Jones, who will retire from the board Dec. 31. Farrow serves as CEO, president and director of Urban Partnership Bank in Chicago.
* The board of DTE Energy Co. elected Vice President and Controller Jeffrey Jewell as the company's chief accounting officer effective Jan. 1, 2018. Jewell will be the principal accounting officer for the company and for its unit DTE Electric Co.
* EOG Resources Inc. promoted Lloyd Helms Jr. to COO and Ezra Yacob to executive vice president for exploration and production, effective Dec. 13. Yacob will be in charge of the company's Midland, San Antonio and Artesia operating areas, which was previously Helms' responsibility. Yacob was formerly the vice president and general manager of EOG's Midland office. Helms will be taking over President Gary Thomas' COO position, while Thomas remains president until his retirement, slated for the end of 2018.
* Charles Pitman on Dec. 7 announced his plans to retire from the board of Apache Corp., effective Dec. 31. Pitman serves as a member of the corporate governance and nominating committee and the management development and compensation committee of the board.
* Canadian Natural Resources Ltd. made a number of changes to its executive team, due to take effect in the first quarter of 2018. COO Tim McKay will become the president of Canadian Natural, while Steve Laut will take on the role of executive vice chairman. The new positions are effective Feb. 28, 2018. Canadian Natural will also create two COO positions, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Darren Fichter, who serves as executive vice president of Canadian conventional operations, will be promoted to COO of exploration and production, and Scott Stauth, the current executive vice president for field operations, will become the COO of oil sands.
* Archrock Inc. named Raymond Guba the interim CFO, effective Dec. 12. Guba was the senior vice president and CFO of the energy products and services business Global Power; executive vice president and CFO at FTS International Inc., a private equity well-completion firm; and executive vice president and chief financial and administrative officer for the electrical contracting services company Integrated Electrical Services.
* Martin Power, chief commercial officer for CVR Energy Inc. and CVR Refining GP LLC, the general partner of CVR Refining LP, provided notice of his retirement, effective Dec. 31. Power is a named executive officer of CVR Energy and CVR Refining LP.
* Tim Taylor, president of Phillips 66 Partners GP LLC, the general partner of Phillips 66 Partners LP, made known his intention to retire from his post with the general partner and as a member of its board, effective Dec. 31.
* Ward McNeilly gave notice of his intent to retire as senior vice president of reserves, planning & midstream of the general partner of Antero Midstream GP LP, effective May 1, 2018.
* Katharine Fredriksen stepped down as president of CONSOL Energy Inc., effective Dec. 4. CEO James Brock is assuming the additional role of president. CONSOL Energy was formerly known as CONSOL Mining Corp.