trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/mwps0evfye5rmkm1l8kqva2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

In this list

Ma'aden starts commercial production at bauxite mine, alumina refinery

Medical IoT Technology in US Hospitals Helps to Reduce Costs and Improve Care

Internet Traffic Spikes By One Third In March

How 37 Years of Default Data Can Prepare Us for the COVID-19 Fallout

US Pushes Pedal To The Metal On Broadband Speeds Ahead Of COVID-19 Outbreak


Ma'aden starts commercial production at bauxite mine, alumina refinery

Saudi Arabian Mining Co., or Ma'aden, on Oct. 2 announced the start of commercial production at its 74.9%-owned subsidiary Ma'aden Bauxite and Alumina Co.'s Al Ba'itha bauxite mine and alumina refinery in Saudi Arabia, effective Oct. 1. Alcoa Inc. holds the remaining 25.1% stake in the subsidiary.

The alumina refinery achieved stable operations and will ramp up production until it reaches the design production capacity of 1.8 million tonnes of alumina per year by early 2017.

Ma'aden noted that, at full production, the refinery will meet the company's smelter requirement for 1.4 million tonnes of alumina per year, with surplus production to be sold into regional and international markets.