trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/MN0izpdLFXg8_1ex1tgVIQ2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Optima Bank & Trust shareholders approve merger into Cambridge Trust

Street Talk Episode 70 - Banks' Liquidity Conundrum Could Fuel M&A Activity

StreetTalk – Episode 70: Banks' Liquidity Conundrum Could Fuel M&A Activity

StreetTalk – Episode 69: Banks left with pockets full of cash and few places to go

Street Talk – Episode 69: Banks left with pockets full of cash and few places to go


Optima Bank & Trust shareholders approve merger into Cambridge Trust

Shareholders of Portsmouth, N.H.-based Optima Bank & Trust Co. approved the bank's pending merger into Massachusetts-based Cambridge Trust Co., a unit of Cambridge Bancorp.

In December 2018, Cambridge Bancorp announced that it was acquiring Optima Bank in a cash-and-stock deal valued at about $67 million.

Under the terms of the transaction, each Optima share will be converted into the right to receive $32.00 in cash or 0.3468 share of Cambridge Bancorp common stock. While Optima shareholders have the right to elect cash or stock, the consideration will be prorated so that 95% of Optima shares will be exchanged for Cambridge stock, with the remaining 5% to be exchanged for cash.

The deal is expected to close in the second quarter.