trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/mazl_5lus9cdmnxivigfxw2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Park National completes NewDominion Bank acquisition

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: May Edition

Blog

Latin American and Caribbean Market Considerations Blog Series: Focus on IFRS 9

Blog

Banking Essentials Newsletter: April Edition - Part 2

Blog

The Evolution of Cloud Banking: Successful Implementation & Frameworks


Park National completes NewDominion Bank acquisition

Newark, Ohio-based Park National Corp. completed its acquisition of Charlotte, N.C.-based NewDominion Bank, making the latter a community bank division.

Park National purchased an 8.55% stake in NewDominion for $3.5 million in November 2016. In Januaruy 2018, Park National reached an agreement to acquire the latter's remaining 91.45% stake in a deal valued then at $76.4 million.

NewDominion will keep its name and local leadership.

Park National has $7.52 billion in assets as of March 31 and consists of 11 banking divisions, a nonbank subsidiary and two specialty finance companies. NewDominion had $346.6 million in assets as of March 31 and operates two banking offices in Charlotte and Mooresville.

Boenning & Scattergood Inc. served as financial adviser and Squire Patton Boggs (US) LLP served as legal adviser to Park National. Sandler O'Neill served as financial adviser and Wyrick Robbins Yates & Ponton LLP served as legal adviser to NewDominion.