S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* Covanta Holding Corp. on May 9 announced the appointment of Ginny Angilello as the company's senior vice president and chief human resources officer.
* Exelon Corp. named 22-year company veteran Joseph Nigro as senior executive vice president and CFO, effective May 8. Nigro succeeds Jack Thayer, who has assumed the role of senior executive vice president and chief transformation officer. James McHugh will replace Nigro as CEO of Constellation Energy Resources LLC. McHugh will also serve as executive vice president of Exelon. Meanwhile, Anne Pramaggiore was named senior executive vice president and CEO of Exelon Utilities, effective June 1, replacing Denis O'Brien, who will serve as an adviser to the CEO until he retires at the end of 2019. Kathleen Barrón was promoted to Exelon's senior vice president of governmental and regulatory affairs and public policy. She also will serve as a member of the company's executive committee.
Joseph Dominguez will also become CEO of Commonwealth Edison Co., replacing Anne Pramaggiore, effective Aug. 1. Terence Donnelly will assume the position of president of ComEd, also replacing Pramaggiore, effective June 1.
Exelon Power President Ron DeGregorio will be retiring later this year. John Barnes, currently COO at Exelon Power, will become senior vice president of Exelon Generation Co. LLC and president of Exelon Power, effective July 2.
* A. Bart Holaday has retired from the board of directors of MDU Resources Group Inc., effective May 8. Holaday joined the board in November 2008 and served the audit committee and the nominating and governance committee.
* Solar Alliance Energy Inc. President Alan Fleishman is leaving the company to pursue other opportunities. Additionally, Anton Shihoff is joining the company's board of directors, replacing Michael Clark, who was appointed COO of Solar Alliance Energy.
* Vistra Energy Corp. shareholders elected all of Hilary Ackermann, Brian Ferraioli and Jeff Hunter to the board of directors at the company's annual shareholders meeting held May 1. Additionally, the board approved an extension to Curtis Morgan's term as the president and CEO until May 1, 2022, with provision of one-year extensions afterwards.
* Marathon Oil Corp. on May 9 announced that Michael Phelps will not be standing for re-election as a member of the company's board. Phelps' term as director will end as of the company's 2018 annual stockholders meeting on May 30. Marathon expects to reduce the size of the board following the annual meeting.
* David Christian is stepping down as executive vice president and chief innovation officer of Dominion Energy Inc., effective July 1. The company named Mark Webb as the next chief innovation officer. Dominion Energy also promoted Emil Avram, the director of engineering services in the gas infrastructure group, to vice president of innovation.
* Pembina Pipeline Corp. on May 7 announced that Lorne Gordon did not stand for re-election to the company's board during the 2018 annual shareholders meeting.
* Trenton Hampton was appointed senior vice president and COO of Ferrellgas Inc., effective May 3.