S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* People's Insurance Co. (Group) of China Ltd.'s board approved the appointment of Miao Jianmin as chairman of the company.
* Tang Shuangning resigned as chairman and nonexecutive director of China Everbright Bank Co. Ltd. due to his age.
* Yan Changkuan resigned as a shareholder representative supervisor of Central China Securities Co. Ltd. due to work arrangements.
* Lee Dae-hoon and Oh Byung-kwan were nominated as CEOs of NongHyup Bank and NongHyup Property & Casualty Insurance Co. Ltd., respectively. Lee will replace Lee Kyung-seob as CEO of NongHyup Bank.
* Taiwan Life Insurance Co. Ltd. appointed Shang-Chen Lin as chief compliance officer, effective Jan. 1, 2018. Lin replaces Gary Chen.
* Asia United Bank Corp. appointed Maria Ogbinar chief risk officer to replace Annette Manapil, who will become group head for corporate planning. The appointments will take effect Jan. 15, 2018.
* Zhang Bin resigned as an executive director, vice president and chief information officer of Zhongyuan Bank Co. Ltd.
* Malaysia-based Kenanga Investment Bank Bhd. appointed Kanagaraj Lorenz as independent nonexecutive director.
* Wang Pingsheng stepped down as vice chairman and executive director of China Reinsurance (Group) Corp.
* Deng Hui resigned as president of Changjiang Securities Co. Ltd.
* UBS (China) Ltd. said Zhang Qiong will be its new acting president, effective Dec. 1.
* Japan Finance Corp. appointed Kazuho Tanaka as its new governor and CEO, The Nikkei reported.
* Narayanaswamy stepped down as a shareholder director of Bank of Baroda, effective Dec. 24.
* Shashi Arora resigned as CEO of Airtel Payments Bank Ltd. amid an ongoing controversy over the electronic know-your-customer licenses of the bank and its parent Bharti Airtel Ltd.
* Bank of Baroda elected Soundara Kumar and Bharatkumar Dangar as shareholder directors for three-year terms, effective Dec. 24.
* Citigroup Inc. is shifting the leader of its global commodities team, Stuart Staley, to head up the markets and securities services team in Asia, Bloomberg News reported.
* Jayesh Jain stepped down as CFO of PNB Housing Finance Ltd. Jain's resignation will take effect Jan. 5, 2018.
* Nepal-based Civil Bank Ltd. appointed Ichcha Raj Tamang as chairman to replace Ambir Bogati who resigned.
* Agustin Dingle Jr. retired as first vice president and chief compliance officer of Philippine Business Bank Inc., effective Jan. 31, 2018. The bank appointed Reynaldo Ebanen as officer-in-charge and acting chief compliance officer, effective Feb. 1, 2018.
* Bangladesh-based AB Bank Ltd. appointed M.A. Awal as chairman to replace M. Wahidul Haque who resigned. In addition, Salim Ahmed and Faheemul Huq resigned as vice chairman and director. Meanwhile, the bank appointed Mostaque Ahmad Chowdhury, Sajir Ahmed and Shirin Sheikh Moinuddin as directors.
* General Insurance Corp. of India, or GIC Re, appointed Sashikala Murlidharan as general manager and full-time director, effective Dec. 19.
* NZX Ltd. appointed Hugh Stevens as head of its funds management business, effective Feb. 5, 2018.
* Dong Jihua stepped down as chairman of Farglory Life Insurance Co. Ltd. due to health reasons.
* Yongan Property Insurance Co. Ltd. President Jiang Ming was dismissed for age reasons. Jiang will continue to be a director of Yongan Property Insurance. Meanwhile, the company appointed Vice President Liu Xiong to take charge of daily operations.
* Indian Bank appointed Bharath Krishna Sankar as shareholder director for a three-year term.
* Monex Group Inc. appointed senior executive directors Nozomi Takasaki and Satoshi Hasuo as managing directors at unit Monex Inc. In addition, Takuya Yamanaka will no longer be a managing director but will remain a senior executive director. The moves will be effective Jan. 1, 2018.