This feature rounds uprecent property news from covered companies and highlights larger deal coveragealready published.
* Steadfast ApartmentREIT Inc. said March 29 that it bought the 217-unit Fielder's CreekApartments in Englewood, Colo., in a $32.4 million cash transaction, marking thecompany's sixth property in the state. The five other in-state properties ownedby the company are PeakView by HorseshoeLake in Loveland; PeakViewat T-Bone Ranch in Greeley; The Oasis in Colorado Springs; and BellaTerra at City Center and Hearthstone at City Center, both in Aurora.
The transaction brings the company's total investment to roughly$1.25 billion in 31 assets across 11 states, according to a news release.
* Rexford IndustrialRealty Inc. said March 31 that it paid roughly $24.5 million to acquirea pair of industrial assets in California and funded the purchase using cash onhand and borrowings under its line of credit.
Specifically, the company paid $16.0 million for the class A,134,287-square-foot building that sits on 13.61 acres at 28454 Livingston Ave. inSan Fernando Valley's Valencia submarket in Los Angeles and $8.5 million for the59,399-square-foot facility on 3.74 acres at 8525 Camino Santa Fe in the CentralSan Diego submarket. Both properties are 100% leased, according to the company.
* Carter ValidusMission Critical REIT II Inc. said March 29 that it recently purchasedtwo data center facilities in Alpharetta, Ga., and Flint, Mich., for an estimated$24.2 million.
The single-story Alpharetta Data Center III, acquired for about$15.8 million, comprises 77,322 square feet and is fully leased by Sungard AvailabilityServices LP. The one-story Flint Data Center, meanwhile, was bought for $8.5 millionand is fully leased by Online Tech LLC.
* Lightstone ValuePlus REIT III Inc. acquired a 92-room hotel in Warwick, R.I., for roughly$12.4 million, excluding closing and other transaction-related costs. The company,through Lightstone Value Plus REIT III LP unit LVP CY Warwick LLC, closed on thepurchase March 23.
The select-service hotel, pursuant to an existing franchise agreementwith Marriott International Inc., operates under the Courtyard by Marriott brand,according to a March 29 filing.
* Preferred ApartmentCommunities Inc. said March 30 that it completed a roughly $9.8 millionloan investment in a 158-unit student housing community in Tampa, Fla., which willbe developed by Haven Campus Communities LLC. The company, in conjunction with theinvestment, received an option to buy the 542-bed property at a discounted marketprice after stabilization.
* Consolidated-TomokaLand Co. said March 31 that it sold three pad sites aggregating 4.4acres of land on the eastern boundary of a Sam's Club site in the 235-acre TomokaTown Center in Daytona Beach, Fla., for roughly $2.0 million.
The property was acquired by a North American Development Groupaffiliate, which is also required to pay about $211,000, on a pro rata basis, toreimburse the costs that will be incurred by the company for certain infrastructureimprovements at the town center.
* Phillips EdisonGrocery Center REIT II Inc. said March 31 that it picked up the LakewoodCity Center in Lakewood, Ohio, in a strategic deal. The 67,280-square-foot shoppingcenter is anchored by a Marc's grocery store and features Gamestop, Best Cuts, PetSupplies Plus, the UPS Store, Boston Market, Marco's Pizza, Ace Cash Express, T-Mobile,Palm Beach Tan and Chipotle Mexican Grill, among other tenants.
* American CampusCommunities Inc. said March 30 that construction has begun on a 284,982-square-footresidential on-campus community, dubbed SkyView, at Northern Arizona University. The 163-unit property,slated to launch in fall 2017, marks the fourth student housing transaction between the company and the university.
Report: RegencyCenters, AvalonBay partnering to buy NoVa mixed-use property: The partnersare paying roughly $410 million for the asset, the Washington Business Journal reported.
Prologis buys nearRome, to expand Czech Republic logistics property: The U.S.-based companyacquired two Italian assets and plans to expand its logistics park near Prague.
Vornado, partnerpay $20M for De Beers' lease at NYC hotel: The company and its fellowlandlord will lease back the space to Swatch, The Real Deal reported.
Pinnacle Entertainmentto acquire gaming operations of Pa. casino: Gaming and Leisure Propertiesis currently under contract to buy the property.
Strategic StorageTrust II agrees to acquire $371M portfolio: The properties are in Florida,North Carolina and Maryland.
Gramercy off-loadsNoVa office asset for $145.5M: The company said it closed the sale ofa four-building office campus in Sterling, Va., with the exit cap rate being 6.7%on in-place 2016 cash NOI.
Pennsylvania REIToff-loads 4 noncore malls: The sales, part of the company's ongoingportfolio repositioning plan, include properties in Alabama, Virginia and Pennsylvania.
Pennsylvania REITupdates guidance after mall sales: The guidance was adjusted to accountfor the earlier-than-expected sale of the malls.
Griffin-AmericanHealthcare REIT III CFO steps down; company discloses other updates:The company closed $89.6 million in property deals since 2015-end and entered intoa $300 million line of credit.
Dimensional FundAdvisors to open regional HQ in Charlotte, NC: Construction is expectedto start in the fourth quarter.