trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/LLaoQv018W0JfCRoRCqWug2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Tenaska Energy affiliates to become sole owner of 150-MW Calif. solar facility

Blog

Insight Weekly: US inflation soars; real estate faces slowdown; megadeals drive tech M&A

Blog

Infographic: Q1’22 U.S. Wind Power by the Numbers

Blog

Understanding Loss Given Default A Review of Three Approaches

Blog

Insight Weekly: Path to net-zero; US manufacturing momentum; China's lithium M&A frenzy


Tenaska Energy affiliates to become sole owner of 150-MW Calif. solar facility

Affiliates of Tenaska Energy Inc. received approval from the Federal Energy Regulatory Commission to become sole owners of the 150-MW Imperial Solar Energy Center in California.

Under the transaction, Tenaska CSOLAR West Holdings LLC and Tenaska CSOLAR West LLC will acquire approximately 39.6% interest in the Imperial County-based project from Imperial County Solar Inc. for an undisclosed sum. The two affiliates currently own about 60.4% stake in the facility, which holds a 25-year power purchase agreement with Sempra Energy subsidiary San Diego Gas & Electric Co.

At closing, Tenaska CSOLAR West Holdings will own 99% of the ownership and 98.99% of membership interests in the facility with Tenaska CSOLAR West owning the remaining 1% ownership stake and 1.01% of the membership stake, according to a June 2 filing.

Imperial County Solar is jointly owned by Riverstone Holdings LLC and SunEdison Inc. (FERC docket EC17-111)