S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of executive management, board and other personnel moves at Latin American financial institutions. News items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Banco do Nordeste do Brasil SA said 234 employees joined its voluntary redundancy program.
* BMC Bolsa Mercantil de Colombia SA said Luis Fernando Cruz Araujo resigned as deputy director of the company and that it unanimously named Jaime Eduardo Gómez Gómez in his place.
* Créditos y Ahorro Credifinanciera SA Compañía de Financiamiento said it named Carlos Iván Vargas Perdomo a director on its board. As a part of the board shuffle, Director Gustavo Humberto Vega will now serve as a deputy director.
* Marcelo Kopel, Itaú Unibanco Holding SA's investor relations officer, is transitioning to a new role as executive officer in charge of the bank's cards and vehicles division. As a result, the company named Alexsandro Broedel Lopes its new investor relations officer.
* Banco de Reservas de la República Dominicana Banco de Servicios Múltiples appointed Ramona Antonia Subero director general of electronic business, a new position within the company, according to a regulatory filing. The bank also appointed Melvin Felipe Deschamps director general of treasury, investment banking and capital markets, replacing Luis Eduardo Rojas de Peña, who resigned in September.
* The board of BACS Banco de Crédito y Securitización SA has accepted the resignation of Gabriel Pablo Blasi as director, who resigned due to professional reasons. Alternate Director Pablo Vergara del Carril will replace Blasi in the position until the expiration of the term.
* Chile's President Michelle Bachelet has appointed Enrique Marshall Rivera chairman of Banco del Estado de Chile, effective Oct. 2. Meanwhile, Juan Harold Foxley Rioseco was appointed the bank's new vice chairman.
* PSA Finance Argentina Compañía Financiera SA said it appointed Jean Louis Jacques Grumet a director on the company's board.
* Grupo Popular S.A. said Álex Pimentel retired as its senior executive vice president of risk management, compliance, security and human resources. René Grullón Finet will replace Pimentel in the executive role, the financial group said. Grullón Finet was the group's executive vice president of business and investment, a position which will be taken over by Juan Lehoux, who served as executive vice president of personal business and branches. Lehoux will be replaced by Arturo Grullón Finet, vice president of the north zone business area. In turn, Jorge Jana will replace Grullón Finet to manage the north zone business. Finally, Pedro Pablo Díaz Cabral will assume Jana's role as vice president of the business banking area.
* Banco Patagonia SA said it named Juan Manuel Trejo superintendent of finance, admin & public sector following the resignation of Juan Domingo Mazzón, who stepped down from the position for personal reasons.