trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/L0rSwF5J_dJXxOudsf01ug2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Report: Otkritie Holding mulls takeover of leasing company

Blog

Spotlight on sustainability: How banks can overcome the challenges of achieving net-zero emissions by 2050

Blog

Insight Weekly: US election scenarios; borrowing costs rise; commercial REIT fears

Podcast

Street Talk | Episode 100 - KBW CEO offers optimism for bears fearful of bank liquidity, credit

Blog

Insight Weekly: Stocks endure more pain; bank branch M&A slows; debt ratios fall


Report: Otkritie Holding mulls takeover of leasing company

Otkritie Holding JSC wants to take over Baltic Leasing, OJSC, with relevant documentation already filed by Otkritie for approval with the Russian Federal Antimonopoly Service, news agency RBK said Dec. 8.

Otkritie Holding previously owned 20% of Baltic Leasing, while the remaining 80% stake belongs to Moscow-based JSC Interservice, the news report noted.

With the planned takeover, Otkritie is trying to rebuild its financial assets after the Russian central bank took control of the holding's key unit, Otkritie Financial Corp. Bank, in August, RBK said. Russian media outlets reported earlier in December that Otkritie Holding's unit Otkritie Investments Cyprus Ltd. also purchased 9.77% of the class B shares of Qiwi plc.

The value of the Russian leasing market is set to exceed 1 trillion Russian rubles at the end of 2017, a 40% increase year over year, the news report noted. Baltic Leasing is Russia's 11th-biggest leasing company in terms of the size of the leasing portfolio, according to the newswire.

As of Dec. 8, US$1 was equivalent to 59.24 Russian rubles.