trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/kZhJLhTcN73mOVT1EZ1img2 content esgSubNav
In This List

Geronimo Renewable receives FERC approval to sell 114-MW wind farm in Texas

Blog

Insight Weekly: Ukraine war impact on mining; US bank growth slowdown; cloud computing headwinds

Blog

Insight Weekly: Cryptocurrency's growth; green bond market outlook; coal investors' windfall

Blog

Insight Weekly: Challenges for European banks; Japan's IPO slowdown; carmakers' supply woes

Blog

Q4’21 US Power Forecast: Will high commodity prices accelerate the energy transition?


Geronimo Renewable receives FERC approval to sell 114-MW wind farm in Texas

The Federal Energy Regulatory Commission on May 23 approved Geronimo Renewable Infrastructure's sale of its ownership in the 114-MW Great Plains I wind farm to a joint venture between NGV Emerald and the Washington Investment Board.

The Great Plains wind facility is located in Hansford County, Texas, within the Southwest Power Pool Inc. The project sells all of its output into the wholesale market operated by SPP.

Upon closing, NGV Emerald, a subsidiary of National Grid PLC, will hold a 51% stake in the wind farm and the Washington Investment Board will hold the remaining 49% interest. Financial details of the transaction were not disclosed.

Geronimo Renewable Infrastructure is controlled via a 1% controlling general partnership interest by Geronimo Renewable Infrastructure Partners LP. (FERC docket EC19-73)