* On top of yesterday's LendingClub , California's Department ofBusiness Oversight sent another setof letters to online lenders, looking for information on fair lendingpractices, bank partnerships, loans underwritten despite little knowledge of acustomer's ability to repay and referral fees charged even though state lawrestricts it, American Banker reports.
* Emergent Capital slashedheadcount, and itsCFO and general counsel were among those cut.
* Equipment lender GeneralFinance bought Aran Trading's container business for about .
* If fintech firms wantnational bank charters, the OCC might come up with a "limited-purpose"one to grant them, according to Banker.
* Over in Maryland,Community Bank of the Chesapeake has ended its .
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET.Some external links may require a subscription.