S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of select executive management and other personnel moves at Asian financial institutions. The news items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Liu Chong Hing Investment Ltd. appointed Liu Lit Chi as chairman of the company's board, effective Aug. 9. Liu's appointment follows the death of the company's former chairman, Liu Lit Mo, in July.
* Vijaya Bank said that P. Vaidyanathan and Bharati Rao stepped down as directors, effective Aug. 7. They will be replaced by Rajan Dogra and Raghvender Gupta.
* Willis Towers Watson Plc appointed Fabien Conderanne as deputy head of financial solutions, Asia-Pacific, effective Aug. 1.
* United Commercial Bank Ltd. appointed Ahsan Afzal as additional managing director, The Daily Star reported.
* AMMB Holdings Bhd. appointed Farina Binti Farikhullah Khan as an independent nonexecutive director.
* BIMB Holdings Bhd. named Khairul Kamarudin as CEO, effective Aug. 9.
* Bank of Maldives Plc said that Fareeha Shareef will step down as chairperson. In addition, Mohamed Umar and Murthala Mohamed Didi will step down as board members of the bank.
* HSBC Holdings Plc's head of real estate financing for Asia, James Lim, will depart from the U.K.-based banking group later in 2017, finews.asia reported. Lim, who is a managing director at HSBC in Hong Kong, said he is currently on gardening leave and will join a new company in November. He did not elaborate further.
* Switzerland's GAM Holding AG appointed Shizu Kishimoto as representative director and president of GAM Japan, Investment Europe reported. The appointment is effective Aug. 14.
* Manulife Financial Corp.'s Hong Kong unit appointed Rockson Leung as CFO.
* Sri Lanka's Pan Asia Banking Corp. Plc named G.A.R.D. Prasanna as chairman. Prasanna replaces Eshana De Silva, who stepped down as per the central bank's directions.
* Don Padmasiri Kumarage ceased to be a director of People's Merchant Finance Plc, effective July 19.
* PTC India Financial Services Ltd. said Naveen Kumar was appointed director (operations). In addition, Pawan Singh was named as a director, effective Aug. 3.
* Sri Lanka's Pan Asia Banking Corp. Plc appointed Mahawaduge Yasalal Aravinda Perera as nonexecutive director.
* RBL Bank Ltd. appointed Shrinath Bolloju as COO.