* In Ohio, Leesburg-based Southern Hills Community Bank is merging with West Union-based Adams County Building and Loan Co., The (Hillsboro, Ohio) Times-Gazette reports.
* Newly incorporated Pi UK Bidco, which is jointly owned by funds managed by Blackstone Group and funds managed and/or advised by CVC Capital Partners, is acquiring Paysafe Group in a deal valuing the payments company at around £2.96 billion.
* Allscripts Healthcare Solution is acquiring Enterprise Information Solutions, McKesson's hospital and health system information technology business, for $185 million in cash.
* Associated Capital Group is planning to launch a new private equity investment management business that will focus on leveraged buyouts and the restructuring of small and mid-sized companies.
* The U.S. Senate confirmed Christopher Giancarlo as chairman of the Commodity Futures Trading Commission, and Brian Quintenz and Rostin Behnam as commissioners.
* Hanover, N.H.-based Ledyard Financial Group will implement a three-for-one stock split, effected in the form of a stock dividend, payable Sept. 20 to shareholders of record as of Sept. 4.
* Huntington National Bank is partnering with fintech software developer Strands to implement the Columbus, Ohio-based bank's personal finance management and business finance management solutions.
* Hedge fund manager Raymond Montoya, who also led the RMA Strategic Opportunity Fund, was arrested over allegations of running a Ponzi scheme, Bloomberg News reports. Montoya was released on a $100,000 bond and is in plea negotiations with the government.
* The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau released four prototypes for overdraft disclosures that would help consumers understand the differences between opting in and opting out of overdraft coverage.
* Atlantic American named J. Ross Franklin interim CFO, effective Aug. 1. Franklin previously served as vice president of accounting and treasurer of unit Bankers Fidelity Life Insurance.
* The Supreme Judicial Court in Massachusetts ordered the rehabilitation and conservation of assets of Minuteman Health and named Gary Anderson, the state's acting commissioner of insurance, receiver.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.