This edition covers news about requests for proposals for the purchase or sale of power through Aug. 15. If you would like to have an RFP listed in this feature, please contact S&P Global Market Intelligence with your information by sending an email to email@example.com.
* Dominion Energy Virginia issued a request for proposals seeking 500 MW of solar generation to be operational in 2021 and 2022. Final asset purchase and power purchase proposals are due Oct. 3, 2019, and Jan. 16, 2020, respectively. Dominion Energy Virginia, a subsidiary of Dominion Energy Inc., is known legally as Virginia Electric and Power Co.
* Consolidated Edison Co. of New York Inc. and Orange and Rockland Utilities Inc. issued a request for proposals to procure scheduling and dispatch rights for about 300 MW and 10 MW of energy storage facilities, respectively. Prequalified bidders will be required to submit their bids no later than 5 p.m. ET on Nov. 1, the Consolidated Edison Inc. subsidiaries said.
* City-owned utility Henderson Municipal Power & Light issued a request for proposals to procure a maximum output of 100 MW of solar projects within the Midcontinent ISO.
* Duke Energy Corp.'s North Carolina utilities have completed the procurement of more than 550 MW of solar capacity in the first tranche of a competitive bidding process. Two of the selected projects also include energy storage.
* The Borough of Chambersburg, Pa., on Aug. 1 issued a request for proposals, seeking indicative bids for seasonal energy block products for 2020. Proposals were due on Aug. 7.
* Xcel Energy Inc. selected Denver-based Pivot Energy to build 25 MW of new community solar capacity in Colorado. The projects, to be located across Xcel Energy's service territory, were awarded through the utility's 2019 "Solar*Rewards Community" request for proposal.
* New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo on July 18 signed landmark legislation that calls for a carbon-free power system by 2040, including 9,000 MW of offshore wind by 2035. Cuomo also announced the selection of two offshore wind proposals totaling 1,700 MW, expected to be in service by the end of 2024. The state had received four proposals in response to a solicitation issued last fall.
* Pinnacle West Capital Corp. subsidiary Arizona Public Service Co. plans to issue two requests for proposal by Sept. 15 to add about 400 MW of renewable energy to its portfolio.
* FirstEnergy Corp. will initiate an auction process for its Ohio utilities' procurement of full requirements service for their standard service offer customers. The auction will be held on Oct. 7 and will use a descending-price clock auction format.