* Roughly 1,300 public apartment buildings comprising 46,405 units in Japan are believed to have been won by American buyout firm Fortress Investment Group LLC in a government auction for ¥24 billion.
* Wing Tai Holdings Ltd. and Wing Tai Investment Development Pte. Ltd. are moving ahead with their plan to buy out and delist Wing Tai Malaysia Bhd. The pair, after securing the necessary acceptance level at the Aug. 8 close of the offer, disclosed that they will soon commence a compulsory acquisition of all the target shares not tendered during the offer period.
* The listing on the Singapore Exchange Securities Trading Ltd. of Sunac China Holdings Ltd.'s issuance of US$400 million of 6.875% senior notes due 2020 and US$600 million in 7.95% senior notes due 2022 is expected to take effect, as planned, Aug. 10, at 9 a.m. Singapore time. Proceeds from the issuance will be used to refinance Sunac China's existing debt, the company said earlier.
* SRX Property data showed that the average resale price of private condominiums and apartments in Singapore was down 0.5% in the month to July and up 2% year over year, The (Singapore) Business Times reported.
* Country Garden Holdings Co. Ltd.'s Malaysian joint venture disputed claims that local companies and residents in Johor, Malaysia, do not benefit from its Forest City development. The (Malaysia) Star, citing Country Garden Pacificview Sdn. Bhd. President Yu Runze, reported that the company splashed approximately 2 billion ringgit to pay for services provided by local consultancy firms and for locally sourced construction materials.
* Wanda Hotel Development Co. Ltd. refuted media reports claiming that Dalian Wanda Group Co. Ltd. is considering a A$1.90 billion Australian exit. In a release, the company said it does not have any plans to sell its Wanda One Sydney and Jewel Gold Coast developments.
* Suntec REIT's asset manager announced the completion of the trust's A$414 million acquisition of a 50% stake in Mirvac Group's Olderfleet tower development in Melbourne.
* Security holders of Asia Pacific Data Centre can expect to receive on Aug. 14 a replacement bidder's statement from NEXTDC Ltd., which is seeking to take over the former with a A$1.87 per security bid.
Hong Kong and China
* Future Land Development Holdings Ltd. and its controlling shareholder Wealth Zone Hong Kong Investments Ltd. said additional time is required for the distribution of a circular containing more details regarding the shareholder's privatization bid for Future Land. Dispatch of the document is expected on or before Sept. 22.
* Greenland Hong Kong Holdings Ltd. and its subsidiaries recorded a roughly 73% increase in the group's contracted sales for the seven months ended July 31 to approximately 17.99 billion yuan. During the comparable period, the group sold about 1,425,229 square meters of properties, up about 78% from a year ago.
* China Evergrande Group's redemption of three series of senior notes has been completed. The company said it paid US$455.3 million for the 2018 notes on Aug. 5, and about US$111.8 million for the 2019 notes and about US$150.6 million for the 2020 notes on Aug. 7.
* China Logistics Property Holdings Co. Ltd. applied to list US$100.0 million of 8% senior notes due Aug. 8, 2020, on the Hong Kong bourse. Trading of the notes is expected to be effective Aug. 9.
* According to Fitch Ratings, CK Hutchison Holdings Ltd.'s reported figures for the first half of 2017 were at par with its expectations for the company, despite the effects of foreign-exchange movements.
* Meanwhile, Moody's said Hongkong Land Holdings Ltd.'s 2017 interim results were also in line with expectations and supported its A3 issuer rating of the developer.
Now featured on S&P Global Market Intelligence
Data Dispatch: US REIT capital raising up 33% YTD through July 31: Chart Watch: Year-to-date as of July 31, publicly traded U.S. equity real estate investment trusts raised $54.49 billion in capital, with $9.01 billion raised during the second half of July.
The Daily Dose Asia-Pacific, Real Estate edition is updated by 6:30 a.m. Hong Kong time. Some external links may require a subscription. Articles and links are correct as of publication time.
Cam Nones contributed to this report.