This feature rounds up recent commercial property news and highlights larger deal coverage already published.
* One Liberty Properties Inc. picked up a 208,234-square-foot distribution facility on 19.1 acres in a suburb of Des Moines, Iowa, and a 249,600-square-foot distribution facility on 21.8 acres in a suburb of Scranton/Wilkes-Barre, Pa. The company also sold its vacant Greenwood Village property in Colorado for roughly $9.2 million.
After quarter-end, the company sold a retail property, occupied by Kohl's, in a suburb of Kansas City, Mo., for $10.1 million and agreed to sell a vacant property in Niles, Ill., for $5 million, with an anticipated close date in the third quarter.
* MedEquities Realty Trust Inc agreed to acquire four behavioral health and substance abuse treatment facilities in Las Vegas and Arlington, Texas, from subsidiaries of AAC Holdings Inc. for $25 million. The company expects the deal to close by Aug. 11, and plans to lease the facilities to certain subsidiaries of AAC on a 15-year triple-net lease at an initial lease rate of 8.75% with annual escalators.
* Xenia Hotels & Resorts Inc. sold the 219-room Marriott-West Des Moines in Iowa for $19 million after the end of the second quarter.
* Bluerock Residential Growth REIT Inc. sold its interest in the MDA Apartments in Chicago for about $18.3 million on June 30, recognizing a pro rata gain of $6.4 million and net proceeds of about $11.0 million. The sale generated an internal rate of return of 22% on the company's equity investment in the project.
* NorthStar Realty Europe Corp. off-loaded two noncore assets for proceeds of $11.7 million in the second quarter, and one noncore property in Spain for $9 million after quarter-end.
* Inland Residential Properties acquired Verandas at Mitylene, a 332-unit apartment complex in Montgomery, Ala., for an undisclosed amount. The complex, at 8850 Crosswind Dr., consists of 14 three-story buildings and was approximately 91% leased as of June 30.
New York REIT sells NYC office property for $135M
Pennsylvania REIT to net $75M from triple transaction
Lexington Realty buys industrial asset for $67M
Apple Hospitality to sell Va. Marriott-branded hotel for $42M
KBS REIT unloads Mass. office, R&D facility