S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a biweekly rundown of executive and board changes in the European media and communications industries.
* Telecom Italia SpA announced July 20 that Stefano De Angelis has resigned as CEO of TIM Participações SA. The TIM unit's board has appointed Sami Foguel to replace De Angelis.
* Severina Pascu, currently COO of UPC Switzerland Holding BV, will succeed Eric Tveter as CEO from Sept. 1, the Liberty Global PLC unit said July 18. Tveter will continue to serve as chairman of UPC Switzerland and will be responsible for Liberty Global's operations in Eastern Europe.
* Gabriela Matei has stepped down as general manager of Microsoft Corp.'s Romanian unit after a six-year stint, Telecompaper reported July 13. Microsoft Romania SRL will name Matei's successor shortly.
MEDIA INDUSTRY MOVES
* European media giant RTL Group has named Jennifer Mullin as the new CEO of its content production and distribution company FremantleMedia Ltd., effective Sept. 1. Mullin, currently CEO of FremantleMedia North America, will take over from Cécile Frot-Coutaz who is stepping down to join Google LLC's video platform YouTube.
* Content distributor ITV Studios Global Entertainment has tapped Bea Hegedus as vice president of global content for scripted, TBI Vision reported July 24, citing a statement. Hegedus was most recently head of television at Silver Reel Partners. ITV Studios Global Entertainment is a unit of ITV PLC's ITV Studios Ltd.
* Cineworld Group PLC has named Chief Commercial Officer Renana Teperberg to its board as an executive director. U.S.-based international film executive Camela Galano will also join the cinema operator's board as an independent nonexecutive director.
* Moritz Pohl will become head of video-on-demand content RTL Interactive GmbH, effective Oct. 1. Pohl previously worked at RTL Germany, most recently as the head of strategic planning.
COMMUNICATIONS INDUSTRY MOVES
* Former Telecom Italia SpA CEO Marco Patuano has been named as the chairman of Cellnex Telecom SA, Telecompaper reported July 26. Patuano is replacing Tobias Martinez, who will remain as the company's CEO.
* Georgios Xirouchakis has stepped down as a board member of Play Communications SA, Telecompaper reported July 25. Reasons for Xirouchakis' departure were not disclosed.
* Christoph Aeschlimann is to become Swisscom AG's new head of IT, network and infrastructure group division and a member of the Swisscom executive board. Aeschlimann will replace Heinz Herren, effective Feb. 1, 2019.
* Florina Tanase has stepped down as Vodafone România's senior director for legal, external affairs and as the company's board member, Telecompaper reported July 23, citing Ziarul Financiar. According to sources, the executive of the Vodafone Group PLC unit has stepped down before her four-year term ended.
* Telenor ASA has appointed Anne Kvam as executive vice president and chief corporate affairs officer. Kvam is replacing Wenche Agerup, who is heading up the new group holdings unit in the telecom group. Anne Kvam comes from the position as head of responsible investments at KLP Kapitalforvaltning.
* Dutchman Huib Costermans has been appointed the new CFO of providers Delta and CAIW Holding BV, effective Aug. 1, Telecompaper reported July 16. The two operators, which are owned by investment group EQT Corp., are currently planning on merging into a single telecom company, Delta Fiber Nederland BV.