S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of recent executive management, board and regulatory changes in the energy industry. The moves are listed by sector in reverse chronological order.
* California ISO vice president of market and infrastructure development Keith Casey will retire this month, according to a Jan. 9 news release.
* Dairyland Power Cooperative said Jan. 9 that its president and CEO Barbara Nick will retire this year.
* Ajit Apte was named Baltimore Gas and Electric Co.'s vice president of technical services, according to a Jan. 9 news release.
* Linda Sullivan and Nancy Tower were appointed as independent directors of AltaGas Ltd., effective Jan. 8. In addition, Daryl Gilbert will retire from the board following the conclusion of the gas utility's annual shareholder meeting in May.
* AES Corp.'s board of directors on Jan. 7 appointed Sherry Kohan as vice president and controller of AES, effective Feb. 1, according to a Jan. 8 SEC filing. Kohan will succeed Sarah Blake who on Jan. 6 announced her resignation, effective Jan. 31.
* The terms of Virginia Lodge and Ronald Walter on Tennessee Valley Authority's board ended Jan. 3, according to a Jan. 7 filing.
* Justin Ladner was named president of Illinois American Water Co., effective Jan. 20. Ladner succeeds Bruce Hauk, who was named president of American Water Works Co. Inc.'s regulated operations and military services group, according to a Jan. 7 news release. In addition, Beth Matthews was named vice president of operations for Illinois American Water, effective Jan. 27.
* Chimney Rock Public Power District, a member of Tri-State Generation and Transmission Association Inc., elected Richard Kildow to replace Stanley Propp as a director on the Tri-State board, according to a Jan. 7 SEC filing.
* Kimberly Harris retired as CEO and director of both Puget Energy Inc. and Puget Sound Energy Inc., effective Jan. 2, according to a Jan. 6 SEC filing. On Jan. 3, Mary Kipp, current president of Puget Energy and Puget Sound Energy, assumed the roles vacated by Harris.
* Canadian Solar Inc. appointed Lauren Templeton as an independent director, increasing the size of its board to six members, according to a Jan. 6 news release. In addition, Karl Olsoni was appointed as a strategic adviser to its board. The appointments of Templeton and Olsoni are effective Jan. 1.
Oil and gas utility/midstream
* Brad Casper was named president of U.S. Silica Holdings Inc. while Bryan Shinn will continue as the company's CEO and a member of its board, according to a Jan. 9 news release.
* Lawrence Ziemba was appointed as an independent member of PAA GP Holdings LLC's board, according to a Jan. 8 news release. The board is responsible for managing the business and affairs of Plains All American Pipeline LP and Plains GP Holdings LP.
* Judith Buie was appointed to the board of directors of Enerplus Corp., according to a Jan. 8 news release.
* South Jersey Industries Inc. and its senior vice president and chief administrative officer Kathleen McEndy mutually agreed to extend McEndy's retirement date to Jan. 31, according to a Jan. 7 SEC filing. The company previously disclosed that McEndy was expected to retire by Dec. 31, 2019.
* Francis Millet was appointed CFO of offshore drilling contractor Borr Drilling Ltd., effective Jan. 15, according to a Jan. 7 securities filing. Millet takes over the position from Rune Magnus Lundetræ, who continued in the position while Borr Drilling looked for a replacement. Borr Drilling announced in early November 2019 that Lundetræ would step down as CFO. In addition, Magnus Vaaler was appointed as the company's vice president of investor relations and treasury.
* RigNet Inc. named Errol Olivier as senior vice president and COO, effective immediately, according to a Jan. 6 news release. In addition, the company's senior vice president of sales, Jay Hilbert, will step down effective Jan. 6 but will provide consulting services until March 31.
* The former president, CEO and director of Western Midstream Partners LP, Robin Fielder, was appointed as president and COO of Noble Midstream Partners LP as well as senior vice president midstream of parent company Noble Energy Inc., effective Jan. 13, according to a Jan. 6 news release.
* Inge Thulin resigned from the board of oil supermajor Chevron Corp., effective Jan. 1, according to a Jan. 3 SEC filing.
* Former U.S. Energy Secretary Rick Perry was reappointed as a director of Energy Transfer LP's general partner on Jan. 1, according to a Jan. 3 SEC filing.
* Mark Spurbeck was named interim CFO of Peabody Energy Corp. to replace Amy Schwetz, who is leaving the company, according to a Jan. 8 news release.
* Alliance Resource Partners LP named Kirk Tholen as senior vice president and chief strategic officer, according to a Jan. 6 news release.
* Geo Energy Resources Ltd. appointed Adam Tan Sheng Hua as CFO, effective April 1. Hua succeeds Philip Hendry, who resigned, effective Jan. 3. In the interim, group financial controller Wee Seng Wei Kenneth will cover the CFO duties, according to a Jan. 3 news release.