S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a periodic rundown of selected ratings actions on U.S. energy companies. The changes, confined to upgrades, downgrades and changes in outlook, are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Moody's downgraded the corporate family rating of Contura Energy Inc. from B2 to B3 on the news that Contura sold its two Powder River Basin coal mines to Blackjewel LLC.
* Fitch Ratings upgraded AES Corp.'s long-term issuer default rating to BB from BB- with a positive outlook.
* Fitch Ratings warned that increased incidents of large wildfires might increase the potential credit risk to investor-owned utilities in California.
* S&P Global Ratings upgraded the issuer credit rating of Chugach Electric Association Inc. to "A" from "A-," with a stable outlook.
* S&P Global Ratings upgraded its issuer credit ratings on Eversource Energy and all of its subsidiaries to "A+" from "A."
* S&P Global Ratings gave CNX Resources Corp. a ratings upgrade after it completed the spin-off of its coal business to its shareholders and transitioned into a pure-play oil and gas exploration and production company active in the Appalachian Basin.