* The Consumer Financial Protection Bureau is working with 11 foreign financial regulators and organizations to launch a global fintech sandbox.
* Banks such as JPMorgan Chase, PNC Financial Services Group and SunTrust Banks are pushing for more representation by women and minorities on their external legal teams, American Banker reports.
* The investigation over the misappropriation of billions of dollars from 1Malaysia Development Berhad is now in the hands of federal prosecutors in Brooklyn and the scrutiny has shifted from a single banker to Goldman Sachs itself, sources told The New York Times.
* A Third Circuit panel ruled that J.P. Morgan Securities should arbitrate the claims of Reading Health System, now known as Tower Health, over pre-2008 auction rate securities offerings, Law360 reports.
* Hornell Erie FCU is merging into New York peer First Heritage FCU, effective Aug. 18.
* U.S.-based private equity firm Golden Gate Capital is buying a 23.4% stake in asset management firm Aperio Group for about $73 million.
* Cigna said activist investor Carl Icahn is making a "speculative financial bet" against the health service company's pending merger with pharmacy benefit manager Express Scripts Holding.
* Jay Benet is set to step down as CFO of property and casualty insurer Travelers Cos., effective Sept. 1.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription. Links are current as of publication time, and we are not responsible if those links are unavailable later.