S&P Global MarketIntelligence presents an overview of various board changes at EMEA financialinstitutions. The changes are listed by announcement date in reversechronological order.
* Banca Popolare diVicenza SpA nonexecutive directors Giorgio Tibaldo, Nicola Tognanaand Maurizio Stella tendered their resignations, effective immediately.
* Banco PopularEspañol SA said that Jacobo González-Robatto Fernández, chairman ofthe international advisory board since 2014, will leave the bank after beingnamed chairman of fishing firm Nueva Pescanova.
* Virgin MoneyHoldings (UK) Plc named Chairman Glen Moreno an independent director ofPromotora de Informaciones SA.
* ING GroepNV's ING Bank SlaskiSA namedMalgorzata Kolakowska, effective April 1, and Christopher Steane, effectiveMarch 31, members of the bank's supervisory board.
* Šiauliu bankasAB appointed Arvydas Salda chairman of the supervisorycouncil, whereas Vita Adomaityte, Ilona Baranauskiene, Jonas Bartkus, Algirdas Butkus,Donatas Savickas, Vytautas Sinius and Daiva Šoriene were appointed to the boardof directors for a four-year tenure.
* SubsidiaryBank Sberbank of Russia JSC said that Natalya Lazareva was appointed chairwoman of itsboard of directors until the lender's next annual shareholders meeting. It alsosaid that the powers of Sergey Gorkov, a member of the board of directors, wereterminated.
* Zurich InsuranceGroup Ltd.'s shareholders elected David Nish and Jeffrey Hayman to the board.Thomas Escher, Rafael del Pino and Don Nicolaisen did not stand for re-election.
* SwedbankAB will notpropose the re-election of Anders Sundström as chair of the boardof directors at the bank's 2016 annual general meeting, but will propose theelection of current Deputy Chair Lars Idermark as chair of the board until theend of the 2017 annual general meeting.
* AvivaPlc saidthat Scott Wheway, an independent nonexecutive director, will retire from theboard Dec. 31.
* BeazleyPlc saidthat Padraic O'Connor, who has been a nonexecutive director since March 2009,has resigned from the board, effective March 24.
* JSCKazinvestbank named Nurzhan Zhanabekov chairman of the board ofdirectors.
* Khadem al-Qubaisi and Mohamed al-Husseiny, chairman and boardmember of First Energy BankB.S.C. (c), respectively, reportedly .
* Bank NizwaSAOG named Sayyid Amjad bin Mohammed bin Ahmed Al Busaidichairman of the board of directors and Shaikh Ahmed bin Saif Al Rawahi vicechairman of the board.
* Bahrain IslamicBank B.S.C. said that Esam Abdullah Fakhro was elected as chairmanof the board, replacing Abdul Razak Abdulla Al-Qassim, and Khalid Mohammed AlMannai was named vice chairman of the board. Other members of the new boardwith three-year terms are Khalid Yousif AbdulRahman, Mohammed Ahmed AbdullahAli, Mohammed Al Zarrouq Rajab, Khalil Ebrahim Nooruddin, Talal Ali Abdullah AlZain, Ebrahim Hussain Ebrahim AlJassmi and Othman Ebrahim Nasser Al Asker.Rajab replaced Mohammed Hedi Al Mejai on the board.
Please forward news of boardchanges in Europe, the Middle East and Africa to firstname.lastname@example.org.