S&P Global Market Intelligence presents a weekly rundown of executive management, board and other personnel moves at Latin American financial institutions. News items are listed by announcement date in reverse chronological order.
* Luis Carranza Ugarte was elected to replace Enrique García Rodríguez as the CEO of Banco De Desarrollo De América Latina. Carranza Ugarte will assume the position April 1, 2017, for a five-year term.
* Banco de la República's board appointed economist Juan José Echavarría Soto to replace José Darío Uribe Escobar as the central bank's head from Jan. 4, 2017.
* Banco Bradesco SA appointed Alexandre Gluher as head of investor relations, replacing Luiz Carlos Angelotti, who will continue to head the bank's accounting department. Mauricio Minas will head the bank's marketing area in addition to his position as senior executive vice president for technology.
* Banestes SA - Banco do Estado do Espírito Santo said Elcio Alvares, the CEO of insurance unit Banestes Seguros SA, died Dec. 9.
* La Positiva Seguros y Reaseguros SA deputy CEO Roberto Rodrigo Freyre stepped down after serving in the position since May 2010.
* Sérgio Clemente, Banco Bradesco SA's senior vice president for wholesale banking, and Marlene Morán, managing director for international businesses and currency, have left the company, Reuters reported. Clemente's duties will be assumed by Marcelo Noronha, the lender's vice president of cards and marketing, while André Prado, managing director for corporate credit, will take over Morán's responsibilities.
* Brazilian President Michel Temer appointed Arno Meyer, José Antonio Eirado Neto, Marcelo Campos Prata, Paulo Henrique Angelo Souza and Roberto Derziê de Sant'anna as vice presidents at Caixa Econômica Federal, while Deusdina dos Reis Pereira was named vice president with exclusive responsibility to manage federal lotteries and funds created by the federal government. Joaquim Lima de Olivera and José Galli were both dismissed from their vice president positions.
* Banco Bradesco Argentina SA named Silvana Rita Luzarreta as commercial manager.
* Colombia's government named Helmuth Barros to be the new president of Fondo Nacional del Ahorro, replacing Augusto Posada.