* In Illinois, Old Second Bancorp is acquiring Greater Chicago Financial and unit ABC Bank in an all-cash deal valued at approximately $41.1 million.
* Chanute, Kan.-based Community Bancorp is buying Nevada, Mo.-based Shelbank and unit Heritage State Bank, The Chanute Tribune reported.
* Flagstar Bancorp projects a one-time noncash charge of about $80 million, or $1.38 per share, to its fourth-quarter provision for income taxes due to the new tax law.
* Meanwhile, insurer Chubb expected the new U.S. tax law to result in a one-time benefit of more than $250 million in the fourth quarter.
* In the third quarter, GEICO reported the highest loss ratio on the company's private auto line of business for any quarter since 2001.
The Daily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external links may require a subscription.