This feature presents a weekly rundown of recent significantmanagement and board changes and personnel moves in the North American real estateindustry, including U.S. REITs and REOCs, homebuilders, and gaming operators.
* Hilton WorldwideHoldings Inc. appointed Thomas Baltimore Jr. to serve as the president and CEO of its proposed hotel REIT,effective May 16. Baltimore, who hails from RLJLodging Trust — a company he co-founded and where he served as presidentand CEO — currently serves on the boards of PrudentialFinancial Inc. and DukeRealty Corp.
Following Baltimore's resignation, RLJ Lodging named Ross Bierkan,executive vice president and chief investment officer, as interim CEO.
* Brixmor PropertyGroup Inc. named Angela Aman CFO, effective May 20, Barry Lefkowitz, who has heldthe position on an interim basis since February, when an accounting irregularitycame to light and forced the previous management team's resignation.
Aman is the executive vice president and CFO of and previouslywas executive vice president, CFO and treasurer at Retail Properties of America Inc.
* Northview ApartmentREIT appointedTravis Beatty to serve as its next CFO, effective May 2.
Beatty, who recently served as CFO of West Valley Energy Corp.,will succeed Robert Palmer, who resignedin March to accept a role at another company.
* Summit HealthcareREIT Inc. said in a filing that Peter Elwell resigned as the company's chief investment officer, effectiveApril 22.
* Voltari Corp.said John Breeman resignedas CFO of the company and each of its subsidiaries, effective April 22.
* Monogram ResidentialTrust Inc. appointed CrownCastle International Corp. CEO, President and board member W. BenjaminMoreland to serve on itsboard of directors, effective May 1. Additionally, Moreland will assume the roleof executive vice chairman of Crown Castle, effective June 1, as part of the company'sinternal CEO succession plan.
* Omega HealthcareInvestors Inc. said longtime director Thomas Franke will when his current term endsas of the annual stockholder meeting slated for June 9. Accordingly, the currently11-member board will be reduced to 10 as of the annual meeting.
* Andrew Silberstein and Harry Rosenbaum will not be seekingre-election at WPT Industrial RealEstate Investment Trust's 2016 annual shareholder meeting, which hasbeen scheduled for May 13. Together with five incumbent trustees, Louie DiNunzioof The Cadillac Fairview Corp. Ltd. and Stuart Smith of Epic Realty Partners Inc.will stand for electionas independent trustees.
* Following OUTFRONTMedia Inc.'s board's decision to reduce its size to six directors fromseven, company director William Apfelbaum willnot be nominated for re-election at the company's 2016 annual stockholdersmeeting June 7. Effective June 8, Apfelbaum will serve as a paid management consultantto the company for transit-related matters.
* Brookfield CanadaOffice Properties unit holders elected G. Mark Brown to the company'sboard of trustees.
Brown, who was a new nominee, was among seven nominees as trustees at the company'sannual meeting held April 25.
* Phillips EdisonGrocery Center REIT I Inc.'s board elected Gregory Wood as an independentdirector and member of the board's conflicts committee. Following the , the board expanded itssize to five members from four.
* Retail Properties of America appointed Paula Maggio executivevice president, general counsel and secretary, effective May 2, succeeding DennisHolland, who will retireJune 30.
Holland will remain employed by the company through his originallyplanned retirement date to assist in the transition.
* Sunstone HotelInvestors Inc. appointedDavid Klein to serve as senior vice president and general counsel of the companyand its operating partnership, Sunstone Hotel Partnership LLC, effective July 1.
* Marcus &Millichap Inc. namedAlan Pontius, a senior vice president, as national director of the company's specialtydivisions. Pontius, who joined the company in 1985, most recently was national directorof the company's National Office and Industrial Properties Group.
* Hartman ShortTerm Income Properties XX appointed Mark Torok secretary and generalcounsel of the company, effective April 26, succeeding Katherine O'Connell, who resigned, effective April22.