trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/fxzzOTIFOikJbWCUBaNkjQ2 content esgSubNav
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform


Looking for more?

Contact Us
In This List

Aspen Insurance expects pretax cat losses of $65M in Q2

Infrastructure Issues: Tools to Dig Deep on Potential Risks

Part Two IFRS 9 Blog Series: The Need to Upgrade Analytical Tools

2018 US Property Casualty Insurance Market Report


Fintech Funding Flows To Insurtech In February

Aspen Insurance expects pretax cat losses of $65M in Q2

Aspen InsuranceHoldings Ltd.'s initial estimate for second-quarter pretax natural catastrophelosses is about $65 million, net of reinsurance and reinstatement premiums.

About 75% of the losses are attributed to the company's reinsurancesegment, with the remaining 25% being attributed to its insurance segment. The largestevents impacting the loss estimates for the quarter were the , which accounted forabout 50% of the total initial pretax loss estimate; several weather-related eventsin the U.S., about 36% of the estimate; and several earthquakes, the largest inKumamoto, Japan, at about 14% of the estimate.