trending Market Intelligence /marketintelligence/en/news-insights/trending/fpA7hrDNSuLXanwdbo4Jrg2 content
Log in to other products

Login to Market Intelligence Platform

 /


Looking for more?

Contact Us

Request a Demo

You're one step closer to unlocking our suite of comprehensive and robust tools.

Fill out the form so we can connect you to the right person.

If your company has a current subscription with S&P Global Market Intelligence, you can register as a new user for access to the platform(s) covered by your license at Market Intelligence platform or S&P Capital IQ.

  • First Name*
  • Last Name*
  • Business Email *
  • Phone *
  • Company Name *
  • City *
  • We generated a verification code for you

  • Enter verification Code here*

* Required

Thank you for your interest in S&P Global Market Intelligence! We noticed you've identified yourself as a student. Through existing partnerships with academic institutions around the globe, it's likely you already have access to our resources. Please contact your professors, library, or administrative staff to receive your student login.

At this time we are unable to offer free trials or product demonstrations directly to students. If you discover that our solutions are not available to you, we encourage you to advocate at your university for a best-in-class learning experience that will help you long after you've completed your degree. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

In This List

Saudi stock exchange debuts on FTSE, Dow Jones emerging market indexes

StreetTalk – Episode 70: Banks' Liquidity Conundrum Could Fuel M&A Activity

Street Talk Episode 70 - Banks' Liquidity Conundrum Could Fuel M&A Activity

StreetTalk – Episode 69: Banks left with pockets full of cash and few places to go

Street Talk – Episode 69: Banks left with pockets full of cash and few places to go


Saudi stock exchange debuts on FTSE, Dow Jones emerging market indexes

Global index providers FTSE Russell and S&P Dow Jones Indices on March 18 started including the Saudi Arabian stock exchange in their respective emerging markets indexes.

The Saudi Stock Exchange, also called Tadawul, will be added to the FTSE Russell Emerging Markets index in five tranches over the next 12 months, with the initial 25% inclusion split over March and April. The remaining 75% will be implemented with quarterly reviews in June, September and March 2020, according to a news release by the stock exchange.

Meanwhile, Tadawul is eligible for 50% of float-adjusted market capitalization on S&P Dow Jones Emerging Market Indices' Global Benchmark Indices starting March 18, with the remaining 50% inclusion expected Sept. 23.

Tadawul's inclusion comes on the back of Saudi capital market reforms over the past two years in a bid to attract domestic and foreign investment and align the country's regulatory framework with international standards. Saudi authorities are trying to attract more international capital under their Saudi Vision 2030 plan to reduce dependence on oil and diversify the economy.

S&P Dow Jones Indices and S&P Global Market Intelligence are owned by S&P Global Inc.