S&P Global Market Intelligencepresents a weekly rundown of recent significant management and board changes andpersonnel moves in the European and Asia-Pacific real estate industries. The movesare listed by sector and by announcement date in reverse chronological order. TheNorth America Hires and Fires column will be published Thursday.
* said April 4 that it named Baudouin Delaporte head of realestate development within the asset management division. He will lead the company'smajor commercial development projects. Delaporte joined Gecina in 2010.
* 's supervisoryboard unanimously agreed to extend CEO Wolfgang Egger's contract by five years untilJune 30, 2021, according to an April 4 newsrelease.
* April 4 that nonexecutive directorRolf Elgeti stepped down from the board, effective the same date. He served in therole since 2011.
* said April 1 that itis forming a dedicated risk committee that will be chaired by Kwek Leng Peck, effectivethe same date. The committee will comprisemembers Aloysius Lee Tse Sang, Nicholas George, Gervase MacGregor and Kwek Eik Sheng.
Additionally,Susan Farr has been appointed member of the audit committee, also effective samedate.
* said March 30that it appointed Arndt Krienento be its new CEO and Sven-Christian Frank its COO, effective June 9.
The appointmentscome as current CEO Axel Harloffdecided to step down fromthe company's management board for personal reasons, upon close of the company'sordinary general shareholders meeting to be held June 9.
Tomasde Vargas Machuca will be the CFO within the company's executive committee.
The boardchanges are taking place amid investigations into Adler's rumored for a takeover of , with theAustrian Takeover Commission conducting a probeinto the matter.
* said March30 that it named StevenMew portfolio director with effect from early October.He will join the executive committee and will be responsible for the day-to-dayoperations of the company's investment portfolio.
Mew willjoin Great Portland from McKay SecuritiesPlc, which said in a same-day release that he will resign as directorof the company.
* March 30 that it appointedRoberto Fraticelli director of the company's Italian operations.He will succeed Tim Santini, who will step down from the role at the end of June.Santini served in the company for the past 21 years.Fraticelli joined Eurocommercial in 1998.
* April 1 that the company's asset manager,ORIX Asset Management Corp., appointed Yasuyuki Ohta as the general manager of investmentand asset management department I, effective the same date. He will replace KazuhikoTanpo.
* assumed the role ofboard chairman at 'smanager, effective April 1.
LinkAsset Management Ltd. said the same day that Nicholas Sallnow-Smith stepped downas the company's chairman of the board on March 31 after completing nine years ofservice with the group. Allen also took over as the chairman of the finance andinvestment committee and the nomination committee.
The manageralso appointed Blair Pickerell independent nonexecutive director. Pickerell alsojoined the nomination committee and the remuneration committee.
Additionally,the company's independent nonexecutive director, Elaine Young, joined the remunerationcommittee as a member and another independent nonexecutive director, Nancy Tse,joined the audit and risk committee as a member. Tse, however, ceased to be a memberof the remuneration committee. Ed Chan, also an independent nonexecutive director,joined the finance and investment committee as a member.
* said April 1 that itappointed Chia Nam Toon executive director of Ascendas Funds Management (S) Ltd.He will be a member of the investment and operation and risk management committees.The appointment is effective from the same date.
* April 1 that it appointed Chiang ChieFoo an independent nonexecutive director, effective the same date.
* AscendasReal Estate Investment Trust saidMarch 31 that Tan Ser Ping has retired as an executive director of the company,effective the same date. He served in the position since April 2008.
* March 31 that it appointed Subimal SenGupta an independent nonexecutive director. He is the former CFO of M+S Pte. Ltd.in Singapore, and has more than 40 years of experience in financial management.
* March 31 that it appointed Ma Lishanindependent nonexecutive director and chairman of the remuneration committee aswell as a member of the nomination and investment committee, effective the samedate.
* March 30 that Ernst & Youngwill retire as the company's auditor following the company's annual general meetingon June 2. The company's board has proposed the appointment of KPMG, Certified PublicAccountants, Hong Kong, as the auditor until the conclusion of the next annual generalmeeting.