* On the earnings front, JPMorgan Chase & Co.,BlackRock Inc. and First Republic Bank are scheduled to report second-quarterresults today.
* The U.S. House Science, Space, and TechnologyCommittee has released an interim staff report with preliminary findings fromits investigation of major data breaches at the FDIC. The committee will hold ahearing today to examine the FDIC's cybersecurity posture, prior congressionaltestimony by FDIC officials and the agency's response to the committee'sinvestigation.
* The Florida Office of Insurance Regulation will holdseparate public hearingsAug. 12 to specifically discuss a series of rate increases requested by MetropolitanLife Insurance Co. and Unum Life Insurance Co. of America.
* FirstMerit Corp. and Huntington Bancshares Inc.agreed to sell atotal of 13 branches, all in northeast Ohio, to resolve antitrust concerns surroundingHuntington's planned acquisition of FirstMerit.
* In Massachusetts, Marlborough Savings Bank and NorthMiddlesex Savings Bank have announced plans to .
* PayPal Holdings Inc. CEO Dan Schulman that the company isconsidering a sale, the Silicon ValleyBusiness Journal reports.
* Michael Coscia, a high-frequency trader who wasconvicted in November2015 for commodities fraud and "spoofing," was sentenced to threeyears in prison, The Wall StreetJournal reports.
* The French government is urgingJose Manuel Barroso, former president of the European Commission, to rescindhis decision to join Goldman Sachs International as an adviser and of itsinternational business, Reuters reports.
TheDaily Dose: Express Edition is updated as of 6:30 a.m. ET. Some external linksmay require a subscription.